How To Make Buttercream Poinsettias. Here is a step-by-step technique, from making beautiful poinsettia flowers in buttercream or royal icing. This Cake Decorating idea is great for holiday cakes and cookies.
1. Use tip #366 to pipe your first petal
2. Use tip #366 to pipe your second petal(You can work in a clockwise, or counter-clockwise direction, whichever is most comfortable for you) 3. Use tip #366 to pipe your 3rd petal
4. Use tip #366 to pipe your 4th petal
5. Use tip #366 to pipe your 5th petal
6. Use tip #366 add 5 more petals offset and slightly shorter than the first
7. Add green leaves with tip #352
8. Add yellow dots with tip #3Now stand back and admire your work!
These flowers will look great on cakes, cookies, and cupcakes!