This cake is great for the one who likes to try something a little different. Serve plain or with whipped cream. Substitute lemon juice for the sherry if you prefer.
Holiday Refrigerator Cake
- 1/2 pound marshmallows, quartered
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup chopped salted pecans
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons sherry
1 Heat marshmallows and cream over low heat, folding over and over until marshmallows are half melted. Remove from heat, and continue folding until mixture is smooth and fluffy. Cool.
2 Add 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, fruit, nuts, orange rind and sherry to the marshmallows. Stir to combine.
3 Sprinkle a buttered loaf pan with 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, then pour the marshmallow concoction over crumbs. Chill thoroughly.