This recipe is very moist and rich. I have also made it in loaf pans, and given it away for holidays.
Cocoa Apple Cake
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups grated apple
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 Cream together until fluffy the eggs, sugar, butter or margarine, and water.
2 In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and spices.
3 Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix well.
4 Fold in chocolate chips, apple, and vanilla extract. Stir until these ingredients are evenly distributed.
5 Spoon into greased, floured 10 inch bundt or loose bottom tube pan.
6 Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 60 to 70 minutes until cake tests done.