A no-bake EASY recipe for Peanut Butter Cups. Tastes like the real deal!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 C. Powdered Sugar
- 1 C. Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 T. Butter (softened)
- 1/2 C. Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 T. Vanilla Extract
- 2-12oz. Bags Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Shortening
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, peanut butter, brown sugar, butter & vanilla. Use your hands to get it all together, then a fork to separate. Will be moist and crumbly. Cover and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate & shortening.
- Pour a couple teaspoons of melted chocolate into mini muffin cups. Drop a rounded teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture, top with a couple teaspoos of the chocolate to cover. You can tap the muffin cups to help settle. Refrigerate until set. Store in airtight container. I did a test and tried one directly into a mini muffin pan…with no liner. After a complete set, it did pop right out.
Well, peanut butter has protein…..and I read somewher that chocolate is now good for you..so I would say this is a very nutritional sweet! All depends on ones interpretation! Enjoy!