This recipe uses a food processor.
- 1/2 lb. bittersweet chocolate
- 11.5 oz. unsalted butter, separated (6.5oz. and 5 oz.)
- 1 tsp. espresso powder dissolved in 1 TBSP. hot water
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup heavy or heavy whipping cream
- 1. Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in top of double boiler with
- 6.5 oz. unsalted butter over simmering water.
- 2. Whisk together as soon as chocolate and butter soften.
- 3. Keep whisking until just melted and combined.
- 4. Remove from heat and stir in espresso and vanilla.
- 5. Cool to room temperture.
- 6. Whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa and salt in a bowl.
- 7. Place 5 oz. of unsalted butter and 1/2 of the powdered sugar mixture
- in a food processor.
- 8. Process scraping down sides.
- 9. Add rest of powdered sugar mixture, start processor and slowly pour
- in cream.
- 10. Process for about 10 seconds.
- 11. Whisk butter/cocoa mixture together with room temperature
- chocolate/espresso mixture in large bowl until it becomes shiny
- and smooth.
- 12. Can be frozen.
- 13. Bring to room temperature before using.
- 14. Yield: 4 cups