Cheesecake needs to chill overnight before serving.
Fudge Truffle Cheesecake
1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 packages cream cheese (8 oz. EACH) softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips, melted & at room temp.
- 4 eggs (lightly mixed)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Whipped cream and additional chocolate chips, optional
- Heat oven to 300 F.
- Combine all crust ingredients and press onto the bottom and 2″ up the sides of a 9″ springform pan. Chill.
- For filling, beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Gradually add sweetened condensed milk, beat until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate chips, eggs and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Pour into crust. Bake for about 60-65 minutes. (Center will still jiggle slightly.)
- Cool for 15 minutes. Carefully, run a knife between crust and sides of pan.
- Cool for 3 hours at room temperature. Chill overnight.
- Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips, if desired.
Can this be frozen?