Chocolate, almond truffles that are to die for! My most requested truffle.
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1-7 oz box Odense Marzipan
- 1 tsp amaretto liqueur
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder or finely chopped almonds (for toppings)
- 1. Grate the marzipan.
- 2. Use a double boiler, or create one by filling a pot with 1″ of water and placing a metal bowl on top. The water must not come in contact with the bowl. Put over medium heat.
- 3. Add the chocolate, heavy cream and grated marzipan. Stir constantly with a dry rubber spatula or dry wooden spoon (see tip on lower left.)
- 4. Mixture should be melted and smooth in about ten minutes. Remove from heat and place on wire rack.
- 5. Whisk in amaretto liqueur. Cool bowl on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 6. Put on your latex gloves. Scoop out a rounded teaspoon of mixture, and roll into a ball.
- 7. Roll the truffles in the cocoa powder or finely chopped almonds. If the balls become too soft to work with, put in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up.
- 8. Put in tiny paper cups.
If you have to ask, you don’t want to know.