Caramel Mudcake Cupcake
- 3Â½ oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4Â½ oz butter, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- Â¼ cup golden syrup
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Preheat the oven to 330Â°F (170Â°C).
- 2 Line a 12 cupcake pan, with cupcake papers.
- 3 Combine the chocolate, butter, sugar, syrup and milk in a saucepan.
- 4 Stir over a low heat until melted and combined. (I had a few small bits of white choc that just would not combine – not a problem).
- 5 Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- 6 Sift the flours.
- 7 Mix flours into the caramel mixture.
- 8 Next, stir in the egg.
- 9 Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases.
- 10 Bake for 30 minutes.
- 11 Remove tin from the oven, transfer to rack and cool.
- Makes 12 Cup Cakes.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Use with vanilla butter cream icing or caramel icing.