these cookies are so light and crispy. they are small and popable, so it’s hard to stop eating! try different nuts and extracts for flavor variations!
Russian Tea Cakes
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth. 3. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar and flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended.
- 4. Mix in the chopped walnuts.
- 5. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- 7. When cool, roll in remaining confectioners’ sugar. You may also like to roll in the sugar a second time.