This is a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies that was passed down to me by a family friend, they are just THE BEST! I have modified it a little to make it even better… you can make endless varieties of CCC! Enjoy!
Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. sugar (I’ve done the whole 1 1/4 of brown sugar and it works great)
- 3/4 c. butter or margarine, room temp (I like margarine better)
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding or flavor to compliment
- 2 tsp vanilla (or extract to compliment flavor)
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pkg chocolate chips (I use ghirardelli, semi sweet, milk chocolate or white) you can also use Ande’s mint chips or M&M’s for baking.
- 1 c. chopped nuts (I’ve used pecans, will try macadamia) this is optional, you can also use coconut.
- Pre-heat oven at 375. Beat sugar, brown sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Add puddig mix, vanilla, eggs. Beat 2 mins at medium speed. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well and stir in chips and nuts. Bake until golden brown, or a couple mins less for an even more chewy cookie.
- 1.White Chocoalte: (Thanks Melody25 for the tip!) Use white chocolate chunks instead of morsels and add macadamia nuts instead of the optional pecans. Replace vanilla pudding for white chocolate pudding.
- 2.Chocolate Mint: Use mint Andes chips instead of morsels replace vanilla pudding for chocolate pudding.
- 3.Caramel: Use caramel chips instead of morsels and replace vanilla pudding for butterscotch pudding.
- 4.Coconut Dream: Add shredded coconut and replace vanilla pudding for coconut pudding. Use either white chocolate or regular chocolate morsels.
- This are just some examples of what you can do with this recipe, the possibilities are endless, get inspired by all the great pudding flavors out there!
Do you mean that you replace 1/2 cup granulated sugar with 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar ?
Love these cookies! So soft and chewy!