I collect cake recipes that use a box cake mix as the base. This cake is rich, delicious and easy! This cake freezes well.
Apricot Brandy Pound Cake I
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup apricot brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour a bundt pan.
2 In a large bowl, beat cake mix, pudding, and eggs until smooth. Mix brandy and flavorings in sour cream, and add to egg mixture. Beat at least 2 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pan
3 Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan, and continue cooling on wire rack.