Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate.
Death By Chocolate I
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup coffee flavored liqueur
- 5/8 cup dry chocolate mousse mix
- 8 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered English toffee
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (1.5 ounce) bar milk chocolate candy
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 8 inch round cake pans.
2 Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
3 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Let cake cool slightly then pierce cakes with a fork. Pour the coffee liqueur gradually over the three cake layers.
4 Prepare the chocolate mousse according to the package directions. Let chill in the refrigerator.
5 Once cake is cool break it into pieces. Layer cake pieces, chocolate mousse, crushed butter toffee candy bars, and whipped topping 1/3 at a time in a large glass bowl. Grate the chocolate candy bar over the top. Let chill in refrigerator for several hours before serving.