This cake is my childrens fav and also my husbands!
Chocolate and orange cake
- 4oz Marg
- 4oz caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- finely grated rind of 1/2 orange ( i also add a tiny bit of the juice)
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon water
- 7×11 tin, lined and greased
- set oven gas mark 5 /190oC
- Place marg, sugar flour, baking powder and eggs into a bowl. Mix together until light and fluffy.
- Divide mix into two. Add orange rind to one half and mix thoroughly.Sift cocoa powder into other half and water and mix well.
- Place heaped teaspoons of the orange mixture randomly over the base of tin. Then put heaped teaspoons of the cocoa mix in between the orange and smooth on top.
- Bake in centre of oven for 25-30 mins until firm and spring to touch.
- Ice as you choose and enjoy!!
- I use choc icing. I also make up some orange icing to add to it too!