Angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream.
Strawberry Angels’ Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, halved
1 Bake cake for filling according to package directions. Let cool.
2 Slice angel food cake in half horizontally. Creat a tunnel for the filling by removing a small amount of the interior of the bottom half of the cake.
3 In a bowl combine cream, confectioners’ sugar and cocoa; whip until soft peaks form. Fold half the strawberries into half the whipped cream; spoon into cake tunnel, pressing down firmly.
4 Replace top of cake; pressing gently. Frost cake with remaining cream mixture. Cover top of cake with remaining strawberries. Chill about 15 minutes before slicing. Serves 10-12 people.