This are a great fall snack. Easy to do. Recipe given to me by a friend who has since passed. A lovely recipe from a lovely lady!! Enjoy, they’re addicting.
Toni’s Easy Pumpkin Bars
2 cups Bisquick
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 eggs, beaten
1 (15 ounce) can canned pumpkin
Optional 1/2 cup raisins
Or ¼ cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
(In a hurry, top with canned cream cheese frosting after it cools)
1. Heat oven to 350*. Grease jelly roll pan, 15x10x1.
2. Beat all ingredients (except raisins or nuts) and frosting in large bowl with electric mixer on low for 30 seconds, scraping bowl frequently. Beat on medium 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. (Optional -stir in raisins or pecans by hand). pour into pan.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
4. Beat cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on low until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low until smooth.
5. For bars cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. They keep longer when stored in refrigerator.