Two flavors you wouldn’t necessarily think complement each other, but taste great together.
Chocolate Maple Thumbprints
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 1 c sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 oz baker’s chocolate
- 3/4 tsp vanilla (less if using the “good stuff”)
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp maple flavoring
- cream butter and sugar. add egg, vanilla and melted chocolate.
- sift together flour and salt. add to creamed mixture. use only enough of the milk to bring dough toghether.
- Roll dough in hand to make small balls. place on parchment lined cookie sheet and press thumbprint in center, making sure you have a nice “well” for the icing to go into.
- bake at 400* for 8-9 minutes
- Maple Icing:
- Mix powdered sugar and maple flavoring. add milk until a thick glaze consistancy. fill thumbprint on baked and thouroughly cooled cookies. let iced cookies stand for about 24 hrs for icing to crust & thicken. when stacking cookies, be careful not to puncture crust as icing will stay moist beneath.