Raspberry White Chocolate Cake
- 1 package (6 ounces) white baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Raspberry Extract
- White Chocolate and Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1. Microwave chocolate and butter in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool slightly.
- 2. Beat cake mix, milk, eggs, extract and chocolate mixture in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping side of bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended. Pour evenly into 2 greased and floured (9-inch) round cake pans.
- 3. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 25 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 4. Prepare White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. Stir food color into 2/3 cup of the frosting until well blended. Place 1 cake layer on serving plate. Spread with the tinted frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and side of cake with remaining frosting. Top with raspberries just before serving. Store in refrigerator.
- White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, and 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened, in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add 1 package (6 ounces) white baking chocolate, melted and cooled slightly, and 2 teaspoons McCormick® Raspberry Extract; mix well. Gradually beat in 2 cups confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy after each addition.
Nutrition Information per 1 serving
Calories: 456 Sodium: 370 mg
Fat: 24 g Carbohydrates: 54 g
Cholesterol: 82 mg Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 6 g
I plan on trying this out this weekend . .it's not a greasy recipe, is it? I tried a scratch one tonight and it was terribly greasy. :(