This is my version of a turtle cake. I found it to be much easier than the original recipe I had.
Easy Turtle Cake
- 1 box of Betty Crocker Chocolate fudge cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 water
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon condensed milk
- Hershey’s Classic Caramel Sundae Topping (use as needed)
- 1 cup of pecans
- Duncan Hines Chocolate Butter cream frosting
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions but add 1 tbl spoon of condensed milk to the mix.
- Place batter in a 9×13 foil cake pan or pan of your choice.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Once cake is done, ice warm cake with chocolate buttercream frosting.
- Pour Hershey’s Classic Caramel Sundae topping on cake.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- I use a foil pan because the cake is so gooey the clean up is easier with a foil pan.