I used this filling for a diabetic man who was retiring . He did not want anything sweet or chocolate.
It was a hit with the crowd!
Kahlua Raspberry Cream filling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen, thawed raspberries
- 1 1/2 containers Cool Whip (18oz)
- 3 tbsp Kahlua
Puree raspberries in blender.
- In a large bowl, stir together whipped topping and kahlua until blended.
- Stir raspberry puree into the topping to make “raspberry cream”.
- Spread in between cake layers.
This recipe sound wonderfully tasty. Was it absorbed by the cake? Did you have to put a thin layer of Buttercream down first? I am making a french vanilla cake with Almond butter cream frosting. I think it will be delicious.
This sounds amazing... but I've always been afraid to use whipped topping between my cakes. Doesn't it melt and get goopy? Thanks! -Zoe
When I use whipped cream icing, I find it works better if you make a dam out of buttercream icing first. Just use an open coupler, and make a ring around the edge of the bottom layer. Fill with whipped icing then put next layer on top. Buttercream works like glue to help stabilize the cake. This works with any soft filling in the middle. Hope this helps.