I love this recipe! I took Sprinkles’ strawberry cupcake recipe and changed it into a carrot cupcake. It’s delicious and moist.
I use Georgetown Cupcake’s vanilla cream cheese frosting.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/3 cup grated apple (your favorite kind)
- 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat over to 350. Sift and mix together: flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
Cream butter and sugar until mixed well. Add the egg and egg whites one at a time mixing in between.
In a small bowl, mix together the milk and vanilla extract.
Slowly add 1/3 of the flour mixture followed by 1/3 of the milk mixture and mix on low just until mixed. Repeat 2X ending with the milk mixture.
Use a spatula to carefully mix in the grated apple followed by the grated carrot. Scoop into liners filling about 3/4 full.
Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes.
***These make a perfect dome by baking at 400 degrees for the first 5 minutes. Then turn the temperature down to 350 for the remainder of the time.
Frosting: Mix all ingredients for about 5 minutes.
How many average size cup cakes does this make?
It makes 12 cupcakes.