Apple crumble is one of my favourite deserts, which are best served with hot custard.
- 6 bramley Apples
- 1 oz (25 g) light brown soft sugar
- 1 level teaspoon ground cinnamon (Optional)
- For the crumble:
- 3 oz (75 g) chilled butter, cut into small dice
- 6 oz (175 g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 level teaspoons ground cinnamon (Optional)
- 4 oz (110 g) demerara sugar
- 1) Prepare the apples by coring and peeling them. Cut them into quaters and cut once more. Put these in a saucepan with water and light brown sugar. Leave this untill the apples are soft. Dont let them go too soft, or they will go mushy.
2) Put the soften apples into a oven proof dish, and if you wish stir in some cinnamon.
3) Making the Crumble. Put your butter and flour into a bowl. Using your hands, rub the mixer together, creating bread crumbs. Once this is done, at the demerara sugar and if you want ground cinnamon. Mix this well.
4) Once done sprinkle the crumble mixer over top the apples. Then put it in the oven for 35-40 minutes on gas mark 6, 400F (200c)