I love to use box cakes but make them my own way. I came up with this strawberry recipe one day when I was bored. I couldn’t figure out how to make a strawberry cake that didn’t taste like a box cake until I put strawberry preserves in it and it was awesome!!! It does not taste like the jell-o cake it is sooooo good!!!!
- 1 – Duncan Hines Strawberry cake mix
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 6 oz of strawberry preserves
- Make sure you do NOT put more than 6 oz of preserves in the cake or it will be very dense and sticky. It still taste good its just harder to work with.
- Set your oven to 325 degrees
Add all the ingredients into your bowl and mix for 30 seconds on low then 2-3 minutes on medium to high speed. Put in greased pan. I’m not really sure how long it takes to bake the cake. I set the timer for 15 minutes and then check it. I then adjust the time until it is done.