Fill with nutella or a chocolate frosting and you have a cake that is very much like forrera roche.
Credit goes to rainbow_kisses for posting this recipe in a thread, I wanted to post it here so I could find it easier.
- oil, for greasing
- 175g wholemeal flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g lightlight muscovado sugar, light muscovado sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- 200 g best quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 125 g ground Hazelnuts
- 25g Hazelnuts, chopped
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Grease and line an 6″ cake tin.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder, returning the sifted-out bran to the bowl.
4. Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs, a little at a time, beating between each addition.
6. Using a metal spoon, fold in the milk, and sifted flour and baking powder, mixing thoroughly.
7. Add about two-thirds of the chopped chocolate, together with the ground hazelnuts.
8. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, levelling the surface. Sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts and the remaining chocolate.
9. Bake in the centre of the oven for 1 hour, then cover the cake with a sheet of greaseproof paper to prevent the nuts from burning. Bake for 30 minutes more or until the centre feels springy when lightly touched.
10. Release from the tin and leave to cool.