A warm apple topping completes this yellow cake.
Apple Upside Down Cake
- 1 (12 ounce) package STOUFFER’S® frozen Harvest Apples, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
2 MELT butter in 9-inch-round cake pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter; spoon Harvest Apples over brown sugar.
3 COMBINE cake mix, eggs, milk, cinnamon and ginger; beat at medium speed for two minutes, stopping once to scrape bowl. Pour over apples.
4 BAKE for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto serving platter; serve warm or at room temperature.