the best cookies in the world! takes alittle work but it is worth it! and if you have kids the cookies will be gone in aday! thats how good they are. and makes great gifts too:)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, sofened
- 1/2 cup +2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peaunt butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1.in a medium bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda; set aside.
2.in large mixing bowl combine butter, the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and the 1/4 peanut butter; beat with mixer until combined. add egg, milk, and vanilla’ beat well. Beat in as much flour mixture as you can with mixer. Using spoon, stir in any remaining flour mixture. shape dough into 32 balls each about 1 1/4 inches in diameter. set aside.
3. for filling, in bowl combine powdered sugar and remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter. with mixer beat until smooth; knead by hand if necessary. shape into 32 balls.
4.preheart oven to 350. on work surface, flatten a choclate dough ball top with peanut butter ball. completely covering peanut ball. reshape into ball. repeat with remaining balls.
5. place balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. flatten with bottom of glass dipped in the 2 tbsp. granulated sugar. bake about 8 minutes. Let stand 1 minutes. transfer to cooling racks. (if you have one)
Tried these today and they are very good and easy to make also!! Thanks for the recipe.