This easy apple cake gets covered with a sweet cream cheese frosting and chopped nuts.
Fresh Apple Cake
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups apples – peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch tube pan.
2 Beat together the oil, eggs, vanilla and sugar.
3 Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to egg mixture; stir in apples, nuts and raisins.
4 Pour into prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 1/2 hrs or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool and frost with cream cheese icing. Sprinkle top with 1/4 cup fine chopped nuts.