This is my daughters favorite. It is an easy mandarin orange cake with pineapple, nuts, pudding and whipped topping. Whip one up and it’s pig-out time!
Pig Picking Cake III
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 – 8 inch pans.
2 Prepare cake mix according to package directions with the addition of mandarin oranges and nuts. Pour into 3 – 8 inch pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
3 To make the filling: In a large bowl, combine crushed pineapple with juice and pudding mix. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread between cooled cake layers. Chill in refrigerator