A refreshing summer dessert, this has a layer of yellow cake covered with pineapple then topped with a fluffy cream layer and garnished with coconut and chopped nuts.
Hawaiian Wedding Cake II
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
1 Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Bake in a 10×15 inch pan. remove from oven and allow to cool. Spread drained pineapple on top of cooled cake.
2 Prepare pudding as instructed on package and set aside. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the prepared pudding. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread evenly over the pineapple.
3 Sprinkle top with coconut, chopped walnuts and maraschino cherries. Store in refrigerator.