20 Million Dollar Cake !

Decorating By spottydog Updated 8 Feb 2007 , 5:57pm by Dennysse

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 20

Very pretty.........20 million i understand with the jewels. But wonder what the cake costs with out? detective.gif

http://www2.chinadaily.com.cn/lifestyle/2006-10/19/content_711878.htm

19 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 20

I'm not crazy about the cake design, but it is more about the jewels I guess.

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 20

Yeah, I would not spend $50 on the cake, and if I were spending 20 million I would expect a better looking cake, jewels or not.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 20

I also found this site. It's not elaborate but thought it was neat that if you click on a cake it gives the serving ect.

http://www.simplychocolate.ca/custom-designed-wedding-cakes.html

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 20

E-gads! icon_razz.gif Money, no taste! That is one of the dumbest looking things I have ever seen!

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 7 Feb 2007 , 6:55pm
post #6 of 20

Neither do I think the cake design is worthy of those jewels. I agree, it is about the jewels but there are so many stunning cakes out there that would really show off the jewels so much more.

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 4:52pm
post #7 of 20

Looks like an unmade bed to me! Not impressed....

KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:03pm
post #8 of 20

The $20 million cake does look a bit "rumpled"--but the other website you mention is neat. I would think it would be nice information to have as a customer, to give an idea of size and price just by clicking on what you like.

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:03pm
post #9 of 20

I agree- not that pretty- the jewels are almost hidden. Somebody's going to break a tooth icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

spottydog, I like that website-- especially the wedding cake called "our story" where the couple gives names of people and phrases, etc. that have meaning to them-- how cute! I would like this for the rehearsal dinner cake!

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:10pm
post #10 of 20

Gag! That's the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time.

I guess you could throw some jewels on just about any cake and call it priceless, but I'd rather see something with a little more artistic flair than this. icon_confused.gif

Wendy

esskaym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esskaym Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:13pm
post #11 of 20

How many different colours is that cake? It's a bit busy for my tastes. Ugh.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:17pm
post #12 of 20

they could have done a much better looking cake and then added the jems....i wouldnt accept that cake for free. its plain old ugly.

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:26pm
post #13 of 20

OMG You'd have to have a security guard by the cake at all times! I agree that it is the gawdiest and busiest looking cake I have ever seen. If I got to keep all the jewels, I could live with the ugly cake. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Diane

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:34pm
post #14 of 20

You would think that when doing a cake covered in jewels you would pick a design that accentuated them...instead of hiding them behind a bunch of ruffles. What's the point?

MavericksMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MavericksMommy Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:38pm
post #15 of 20

It just goes to show you that money doesn't always go hand in hand with good taste! That is one really ugly cake. I couldn't figure out what they were trying to do with it, what kind of statement it was supposed to make.

princess_tonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princess_tonya Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:44pm
post #16 of 20

The cake is tacky. The jewels are just kind of thrown on to it. I think whoever designed this cake should never be allowed to design a cake again.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:44pm
post #17 of 20

Nope, I wouldn't give you 10 cents for that cake. It's funny, it is very hard to make an "ugly" cake, but I have to say that particular designer has mastered that. (sorry to be so negative!)icon_confused.gif For $20 million I would demand a LOT more than that for a cake! (But then I'm just fussy I guess...)icon_rolleyes.gif

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:47pm
post #18 of 20

some people have alot more cents then sense

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:51pm
post #19 of 20

What a mess! This is definitely a case where less would have been more.

Dennysse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dennysse Posted 8 Feb 2007 , 5:57pm
post #20 of 20

EWWWW!Is that a cake?Where are the jewels? Ive seen a lot of truly wonderful cakes here in CC.The one in the picture, even with all the jewels and the millions cant compare with them.No taste,no taste...Looks like a bunch of badly arranged bedsheets,sorry...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%