How Soon Should I Assemble A Cake?

Decorating By missjane Updated 11 Mar 2005 , 5:26pm by thecakemaker

missjane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missjane Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 4

Hey guysicon_smile.gif

I am in the process of making a two tiered buttercream frosted cake for a childs birthday . This cake has numerous chocolate transfers I have made usuing the Wiltons chocolate melts.

the customer is picking up the cake sat Morning. My question is, can I assemble the frosted cake now ( friday morning) or should i wait until the morning? ( Its completely frosted so all I need to do is stack it and stick on the decorations)

I am worried the chocolate transfers may sweat in the fridge.

3 replies
thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 4

You can go ahead and frost it and apply the chocolate transferrs now. Unless it is very warm in your house you won't have any problems. I have a chocolate transfer on my counter now that I made Wednesday evening for a cake for Sunday. I am putting the cake together tomorrow with buttercream for Sunday.

Debbie

missjane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missjane Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 4

Thankyou Debbie!icon_smile.gif

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 4

You're welcome! I forgot to add that you don't need to worry about refrigeration either. I finish mine the day before and leave out on the counter overnight. If it is for work or at home it might sit on the counter for a few days before being eaten completely with no problems

Debbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%