Turtleshell's Fd Wedding Cake!!

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 11 Jul 2005 , 7:57pm by ntertayneme

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 19

Hey to all my cake central Friends!!! icon_smile.gif

Just wanted to let ya'll know that I just posted a few pictures of my FD wedding cake!!! I am so excited about it!!! icon_lol.gif Please let me know what you think about the whole thing, cake, display & all ok!!! I trust your opinions. So even if you notice something wrong please let me know. I will only learn from that. The cake isn't level... it has a few smudges in it because of my hubbys fingers, I didn't get the FD red color that I wanted because I ran out of coloring! And of course there are other things. But let me know!!! Thanks so much for all the tips & help with this!!!!!!!! My real wedding cake will be a big success!!!!!
Your crazy friend, ~Tina~ icon_biggrin.gif

ps. I went to my cake supply today w/ the pics... They said I could sell that cake for $500 here in Lousiana!!!!!!! That would be wonderful!!!!!!! WOWeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

18 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 19

Took some time and looked at all your cakes.........WOW, you are doing a terrific job!!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 19

TC... is it the one with the ladders on it?? I think the set up is great. I love all the fire stuff. I hope I'm looking at the right cake. Didn't you have pics of it posted before? I love the newest cake you posted. The ruffle around the bottom is perfect. I can't do those for anything! Good work on all your cakes... they're great!

MrsMissey Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 19

..it was an old post that went by without any response, so I thought I would bump it up to make sure everyone saw it! I just hate seeing posts go by without getting some recognition!

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 19

Yep... I agree.... Terrific job on the cake...
Keep on baking..
cakegal

Andicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andicake Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 2:06pm
post #6 of 19

Your cakes are beautiful!! Great job!

tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 2:09pm
post #7 of 19

Thanks guys! I just got on CC & noticed this post. I had forgotten about it! LOL! Thanks for the very sweet comments! Yes, it is the big fat one w/ the crooked ladders. My first large wedding cake! It was soooo much work! It wasn't for an actual wedding. It was a practice cake for another wedding. I had never done stacking before so I knew I had to practice! I brought it to the FD where we are members & used all of the other Fire Fighters & EMS personnel as my guenie pigs! It was a complete success!!

Thanks again for bumping this up MrsMissey~

MrsMissey Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 2:18pm
post #8 of 19

..lol...you're welcome..I thought it deserved some recoginition!

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:06pm
post #9 of 19

Love the cake TC, you did a great job. thumbs_up.gif

ump107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ump107 Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 4:57am
post #10 of 19

Tc
From one Firefighter to another that is an outstanding cake. The apparatus and the Fire-Bear on the top are a great touch. I'm sorry I didn't see this post earlier.
Keep up the good work.

Misska21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misska21 Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 5:50am
post #11 of 19

Great job Tina! You should be really proud of your talent!

Jess

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 6:56am
post #12 of 19

Tina doesnt give herself enough credit.....her work is spectacular!

galaglow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galaglow Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 7:01am
post #13 of 19

Hi! I missed this one too. I was just browsing your pics and you have some spectacular cakes!

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 7:11am
post #14 of 19

Hey Tina,
LOVE The Cakes, All of 'em! I really Love the bunch of Roses too. they are Great!
~Sweet~ =0)

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 11:25am
post #15 of 19

that is gorgeous!!! well done! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

msbask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msbask Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 12:20pm
post #16 of 19

I think for the ladders, you should just use a ruler and press it into the cake. Then you can follow the indentations and have perfectly straight ladders!

Otherwise....... excellent!

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 12:41pm
post #17 of 19

TINA YOU DID A GREAT JOB! I AM SURE THE FD MEMBERS DIDN'T MIND THAT THEY HAD TO EAT THE PRACTICE CAKE AT ALL. IF THEY ARE ANYTHING LIKE THE MEMBERS IN MY FD THEN THEY WANTED TO KNOW WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE COMING!

tcturtleshell Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 7:54pm
post #18 of 19

Thanks everyone!! That cake almost made me stop decorating!!! It was a lot of work!!! Tasted great!! That's why I use the Sour Cream yellow cake recipe from the Cake Mix Dr.'s book for all my yellow cake orders.. It is delicious!! I have finally perfected it & get rave reviews!! It's yummy!!

The ladders were a last minute thing. I thought it needed more decoration. I was going to put the yellow caution tape (we have at the FD) all around the tiers but I couldn't find any un-used tape at the FD. All of the tape I found was dirty! Didn't want that touching the cake, ha ha!!

The border wasn't the FD red I wanted. I ran out of red coloring!! I had to use what I had. For my 1st stacked cake I think I did pretty good! I learned a lot from this practice cake!!

The only thing I do different know when I stack cakes is NOT use my daughter Mandy to cut the dowels for me!! She didn't have them even. Oh, well she's still my assistant w/ everything else!!

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 7:57pm
post #19 of 19

I just loved the idea you used .. it was very fitting tc .. awesome job on it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%