Get Your Vcr's Ready!!!

Decorating By Mchelle Updated 14 Mar 2005 , 2:22am by tcturtleshell

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 17

GET YOUR VCR'S READY!!! I am so excited, this weekend on food network is the wedding cake weekend. I can't wait to see the beautiful cakes. I'll be glued the whole weekend. icon_lol.gif

[/quote]

16 replies
cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 17

I will be watching. I am doing a wedding in August and I am looking for ideas.

Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 17

cakeconfections, what flavor of cake are you doing? I'm always interested in wedding flavors.

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 6:53pm
post #4 of 17

The bride has not even decided that yet. I know she likes lemon and orange flavors, so i have a feeling it will be one of those. We have just started to talk about details so I am sure that decision will be made sometime soon...

Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 17

Wonderful! Don't forget to try the mousse filling (1 sm bx pudding and 1 pint of heavy whipping cream), it's delicious.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 7:29pm
post #6 of 17

Thanks for the heads up Mchelle! Did anyone see the birthday cake decorating contest (on the food network also) that was on a couple weeks ago?

Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 7:41pm
post #7 of 17

I did, I sure didn't like cake divas dramatics or her cake thumbsdown.gif . It could have been pretty. I liked the one that spins. I thought that was awesome. The clown one was way to busy. I especially liked the gal that won. That cake was awesome! Did you see it?

momsandraven Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 8:58pm
post #8 of 17

I did see it, and I agree with you 100% about the carousel cake. How do you get that far into a competition and not know that you have to move your cake?? icon_confused.gif She was quite a character.
I thought that the cake that won really hit the nail on the head for a children's birthday cake. The clown was neat, but too adult. The top that spun was incredible too, but again I felt it was too adult-ish. It was so neat to see someone win who was in it for the first time! thumbs_up.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 9:02pm
post #9 of 17

OK ladies stop the bragging!!!!!!! We dont get those good shows here icon_mad.gif so I am missing out! icon_cry.gif

Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 9:08pm
post #10 of 17

Sorry flayvurdfun. I think they have it on the website foodtv.com.

I understand though, between this board and food tv it keeps me sane. I can't imagine not having them. icon_cry.gif

momsandraven Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 9:21pm
post #11 of 17

Mchelle, you sound like a foodie. (It takes one {me} to know one!) I love so many shows on the food network channel. Luckily, DH is a foodie too, so on weekends at least we agree on what to watch on TV! LOL
Sorry flayvurdfun, not trying to put salt on the wound. icon_redface.gif

Mchelle Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 9:24pm
post #12 of 17

I am a foodie. I have the double whamy...I love to cook and eat! My hubbie likes to eat it, but not watch or cook it. thumbsdown.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 10 Mar 2005 , 10:52pm
post #13 of 17

I can't wait to see it either!!! We have a crawfish boil to go to Saturday afternoon. I have news for my best friend who's hosting it.. I'm gonna watch Food tv!!!! She doesn't do cakes but she loves watching those shows w/ me!!!!! It looks like it's going to be better then the other shows. We'll have to share our comments w/ each other on Sunday!!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 3:04am
post #14 of 17

wow I have been spring cleaning all week and of course being here with all of you that I have not watched T.V. icon_cry.gif Thank you, my husband and I love watching that show together..Hubby is a great grill chef!!! Yummy to my tummy..And he thinks (or better think) icon_twisted.gif I am a wonderful cook too!!! icon_wink.gif I'll be watching!!!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 11 Mar 2005 , 6:56am
post #15 of 17

ok, like flavurdfun said, stop bragging!! icon_cool.gificon_twisted.gif that was one of my favorite shows, and now i can't see any of them!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Godiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godiva Posted 12 Mar 2005 , 7:17am
post #16 of 17

I have a wedding cake due today and will also be attending icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
Guess I'll just be happy with whatever is left for Sunday...
But there is another show on the DYI network the 13th at 3:30, on cake decorating aswell...Check it on the web to confirm...
Enjoy the show girls.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 14 Mar 2005 , 2:22am
post #17 of 17

Sorry Flayurdfun & Diane but I have to add to this also... The show was good!!! I think we all can do just as good!!!! So keep practicing ladies & gents!!!! We're doing great so far!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%