Strange On Cc

Lounge By jchuck Updated 17 Feb 2024 , 5:57pm by MBalaska

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 16 Oct 2023 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 11

Don’t know if I’m the only one who thinks something is strange on CC. The main page has been frozen for like 4+ years. But current recipes and tutorials seem to come up on holidays with the current time of year. Right now there’s pumpkin cookies, spider cake pops and pumpkin cinnamon rolls. All the fall/halloween theme. Is that done automatically? An algorithm? Because I would think these would have to be uploaded to the main page? Just seems soooooo darn weird that the same cake pictures could be frozen in time. Just ruminating. 

10 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Oct 2023 , 2:06am
post #2 of 11

Yes it’s been weird for yrs now.   I think someone — Kate I think - said it’s done automatically.  

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 17 Oct 2023 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 11

And let me tell you what else is weird - after being unable to log on for maybe 2 years I am somehow back on!

is it a full moon - mercury in retrograde - who knows!!

HI!!!

Theresa

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 17 Oct 2023 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 11

Welcome back theresaf, yes, we missed you! About the posts, a couple of months ago there was some Christmas stuff, and I think there was some fourth of July back in February or so. They are synchronized by coincidence this time... But I have seen many out of pace. What seems weird to me is that there is none or little spam. In the other cake decorating web pages, spam and AI are ruling the house...Or maybe we are all bots here ;) Love to you all ladies!

theresaf Posted 18 Oct 2023 , 5:47pm
post #5 of 11

Thank you Regina!

jchuck Posted 22 Oct 2023 , 4:52pm
post #6 of 11

Well, I’ll try and post again here. I thought my comments had been posted, obviously not.

Wanted to welcome you back Theresa. I’m getting on CC, but only on my iphone. My ipad keeps bumping me out. And if I type too long, I get bumped out. 

theresaf Posted 23 Oct 2023 , 3:32pm
post #7 of 11

Thanks June!  I can't get on with my IPhone or Ipad - only my laptop!

Have a good day all! xo

jchuck Posted 23 Oct 2023 , 4:33pm
post #8 of 11

Wow Theresa isn’t that weird. Only on your laptop!! I just got diagnosed with Covid 2 days ago…arrrg 

Second time having, and fortunately symptoms aren’t as severe this time. Missed a lovely family bridal shower on the wknd because of the covid. Just resting and taking it easy until I feel better.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Oct 2023 , 4:02am
post #9 of 11

June… so so sorry to hear of your bout with Covid.  Prayers that you recover quickly with no lingering effects.  My daughter has terrible problems just from having had one shot for about a year now.  

theresaf Posted 24 Oct 2023 , 2:13pm
post #10 of 11

Oh June - sorry to hear you have Covid again! Hope you are really able to rest and kick it out of your system soon!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 17 Feb 2024 , 5:57pm
post #11 of 11

Cakecentral is like one of those satellites lost out in space. It has enough power to keep it online, but never really does what it was designed to do.

Yet don't you wonder who's getting the money from all those advertisements that flash constantly on every page?? Someone's getting paid.  Who?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%