I Made The Cookies W/ Chocol. Clay!

Decorating By katy625 Updated 31 Jan 2007 , 5:54pm by katy625

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 4:52am
post #1 of 10

Well, the pics will be on here tomorrow (my dh BROKE our camera so I have to go get my dads) but I have to say that Im actually pretty darn proud of myself. Thank you to marinersfan for the perfect, No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe! I have never been able to make sugar cookies like you girls! I see some really kick butt ones on here. Tonight they came out great though! Anyhoo, I tried the chocolate clay on the cookies and it worked perfectly!!!!! After the cookies cooled I put a thin layer of BC on the cookie then put the chocolate on the top. (I cut it in the shape of the cookie) then I decorated it with other colors of the modeling clay. I attached the shapes to the base chocolate with melted chocolate. It holds it like brick. I can't wait for ya'll to see them! I only did 4 because whew are they time consuming and I was just experimenting. I used the white and pink that I made from the other day. They are still very workable. And of course I HAD TO cover them in LUSTER DUST!!!! They're my valentine cookies! YAY!!! SO for everyone who was wondering if it works on cookies.........YEP!!!!

9 replies
ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 5:02am
post #2 of 10

How does it taste?

I'm so excited. I like to do chocolate transfers on cookies and was covering with MMF but love the idea of an all chocolate design. Thanks for sharing!

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 5:08am
post #3 of 10

I am excited to see them. I have wondered how the candy clay would work and taste on the cookies.

Cindy

katy625 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 5:10am
post #4 of 10

Oh it tastes great!! Tastes like a nice ol' slab of chocolate on top of a cookie! Better than MMF on a cookie for sure. I like MMF but chocolate is chocolate! Mmmm!!! icon_biggrin.gif

loveqm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveqm Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 5:31am
post #5 of 10

mmm....sounds soo goood...can't wait to see them...

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 11:50am
post #6 of 10

Oh cant wait to see the pics and they sound tastey!

pamelan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamelan Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 5:43pm
post #7 of 10

what recipe do you use for the candy clay? Can you use dark chocolate or do you have do use candy melts? Thanks!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 5:49pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks for letting us know. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 5:52pm
post #9 of 10

i can't wait to see pics!! When i took Toba's cookie class, we also used chocolate clay. Both reg and white chocolate. It does taste great! I attached it w/a bit of corn syrup. It also works great, as it does on fondant. Isn't it fun to be able to cover cookies in so many different type of icings?!

katy625 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 5:54pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katskakes

i can't wait to see pics!! When i took Toba's cookie class, we also used chocolate clay. Both reg and white chocolate. It does taste great! I attached it w/a bit of corn syrup. It also works great, as it does on fondant. Isn't it fun to be able to cover cookies in so many different type of icings?!

Oh yeah....Its good! I ate 2 for breakfast!! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_razz.gificon_eek.gificon_razz.gif I am leaving in about an hour to my dads so I can take a picture of the cookies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%