Cake Lace / Edible Fabric Question

Decorating By mrsmac888 Updated 15 Sep 2022 , 10:36pm by -K8memphis

mrsmac888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmac888 Posted 9 Sep 2022 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 5

Hi All.  I am going to try to explain this the best I can.  smiley

So think of a cake on pillars.  You know, the way cakes used to be done a long time ago.  LOL  I'm doing one soon and the bride wants "drapes" hanging down the pillars.  I'm thinking either cake lace or edible fabric.  The problem is that when I make either of those they become dry and brittle over the course of a day.  Is there any way to make cake lace or edible fabric so that it can stay out of an enclosed container and have it not become breakable?

TIA
Christina

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Sep 2022 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 5

i would find a different method -- but i don't know what kind of drapes you mean either -- full disclosure i have never used edible fabric but i have used the lace -- i mean you could use fondant or pipe cake type drapes -- if she means like curtain drapes, you can pipe those too or use fondant-- use something that would be ok for it to harden like royal -- maybe?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Sep 2022 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 5

I am thinking along he same lines as K8 :)   I would drape thin fondant 

mrsmac888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmac888 Posted 15 Sep 2022 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you ladies!  Always great advice.  

I'm going to have to figure out a way to post pictures somehow.  I'm still in the "practicing" mode as the wedding is still 3 weeks away.  I ended up making edible fabric with the chocolate method, not wafer paper.  It's amazing!  I hope the rest of this cake goes as well.  :-)

Christina

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Sep 2022 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 5

sounds good! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%