Using Large Pullman Loaf Pan

Baking By MamaGeese Updated 23 Mar 2022 , 7:08pm by -K8memphis

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 22 Mar 2022 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone ever used a large Pullman loaf pan WITH COVER ON to bake pound cake? I've made many without lid on, but was wondering if I baked one covered would it ruin the texture of the cake or steam it, etc? I've had people want pound cake shaped like a loaf of bread. The 

3 replies
ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 22 Mar 2022 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 4

Why don't you bake it without the lid and the just trim the top and present it with the cut side down?

Baking with the lid might work, but you must be careful to put such a precise amount of bather to fit the mold perfectly. Too much will make a very dense poundcake, too little and it might not get to the top and properly fill the mold. I'll try about two thirds.

It will be tricky to remove the lid without ripping the top, and also to guess when the poundcake is properly cooked.

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 23 Mar 2022 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you...I'm sure it would cause more problems than it would solve...

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Mar 2022 , 7:08pm
post #4 of 4

yeah plus, pound cake often bakes up then cracks when the gooey middle part gets the heat, rises, expands and finishes baking -- the pullman top on would inhibit the bake -- 

why not just bake it in the loaf pan and let it do it's thing with the beautiful crack and sweet candy crust on top -- mmm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%