K8Memphis Be Safe

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 25 Mar 2021 , 11:19pm by jchuck

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Mar 2021 , 12:45am
post #1 of 32

With weather in your area expected to be severe please take cover.  Tornadoes expected there — no fun  —  not good.  As soon as you can do let us know “all is well”. 

31 replies
ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 18 Mar 2021 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 32

Reggis connected in prayers for all in the South as well!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Mar 2021 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 32

all is well! thank you, sweet friends heart

ReginaCoeliB Posted 18 Mar 2021 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 32

Thanks for letting us know you ere fine... we keep praying for those not so fortunate... the images on the weather channel are really awful! Still, take care boss, we need you!!!

-K8memphis Posted 18 Mar 2021 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 32

you're so sweet, reggie!

and have all of your Texas friends popped up since the big snow storm?

-K8memphis Posted 18 Mar 2021 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 32

but I do have to say this, however I will first preface the whole thing by saying I'm ok now, don't worry -- but the rheumatoid has been slowly over time worsening then took a hard turn in the wrong direction this week and Nothing I did helped -- then I added back in a certain couple supplements and that fixed it! but you guys thinking of me coincides perfectly with that problem even though you were thinking of the bad weather -- THANK YOU!!!

ReginaCoeliB Posted 18 Mar 2021 , 9:39pm
post #7 of 32

Hey boss, I have not heard from all my friends in TX, but I just assumed they survived... The ones very dear to me, the family with ten kiddos are thriving! Goodness, those parents are made out of steel... except for their tender heart!

As for you ma'am, I'm glad our lines comforted your heart. At this point I guess you must be like my mom... her knee is really bad, but the minute she feels better she start running here, there and everywhere with her errands... and there she goes, back to bed! Take one task at a time and rest as much as you can. 

Take care my dear, as I said, we need you (and love you!) here!!!

Reggis!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Mar 2021 , 9:55pm
post #8 of 32

So glad to hear you are ok

i have an idea what that arthritis is like... my left wrist, right shoulder and neck is almost always in pain but so far I’ve been able to tough it out with heavy doses of ibuprofen 

-K8memphis Posted 20 Mar 2021 , 5:12pm
post #9 of 32

reggie -- i like your mom, i get her -- but yeah you gotta try & balance it too -- and thank you!

lynne -- there are over a hundred different kinds of arthritis -- most of us get osteo as we age -- rheumatoid is systemic -- it can affect organs and blood vessels etc, --

i love a nice hot epsom salt soak then slather on some acuplus ointment -- esp right before bed it is loaded with healing herbs and a pain killer -- wonderful stuff -- or sometimes i just put sprinkle some epsom salt on a hot wet towel and toss it over my shoulder, my knee or wherever--  refresh it as needed for about twenty mins then do the acuplus -- it's wonnderful! sorry you're hurting but do not overdose on ibuprofen -- big gentle hug --

i'll tell what else is magic -- ice -- seriously -- applied right before bed -- all the blood rushes there & overnight the body reviatizes itself -- so if you start off with the ice drawing yhe blood -- it's a most wonderful thing -- i healed a badly inflamed tennis elbow this way years ago -- but gotta do it every night for a looonnng time -- works though!

in fact i go to sleep sometimes with various parts wrapped in ice --

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 20 Mar 2021 , 9:17pm
post #10 of 32

FINALLY I can reply. Was able to read posts, but CC would NOT let me go in for over a week!!! This site is seriously frustrating. 

I have osteoarthritis in my hands, left ankle and both hips. Right hip is especially bad. But like you K8memphis/Kate, I use Epsom salts bath, voltaren rub. And ice, ice, ice!!! After my Pilates, I ice up my hip. Within 20 minutes, I’m feeling fine, limber. I have a dear friend that loads up on ibuprofen for her arthritic kness. You have to be careful how much ibuprofen you ingest. Can have consequences in the body. Spontaneous bleeds is one. I only take ibuprofen when I’m in really bad pain. 

-K8memphis Posted 21 Mar 2021 , 1:19am
post #11 of 32

june, yes, ice is amazing for inflammation -- I used to take voltaren and got side effects so I haven't tried the ointment -- I use my a term, an excellent cbd ointment -- 

but yeah you can blow out your liver overdosing on nsaids like ibuprofen, naproxen, etc. -- now you can add acetaminophen sometimes but I never have -- 

-K8memphis Posted 21 Mar 2021 , 1:28am
post #12 of 32

not "my a term" but myaderm, a cbd ointment -- you really have to fight inflammation with everything you can get

jchuck Posted 21 Mar 2021 , 12:17pm
post #13 of 32

K8memphis/Kate

I’ve not heard of mayaderm? Not sure it’s available here? I also have a really good ointment that goes on cold, and becomes hot. From Beautycounter, so I know it’s safe. No hidden chemicals. My daughter sells Beautycounter. 

Yes I try and stay away from any pain relievers as much as I can. Because I had migraines constantly for sooo many years, I ingested copious amounts of pain meds. And I was judicious in what I took. Most likely to my detriment. I didn’t like the spaced out affect, nor the aftermath. Funny, that’s one of the reasons I was and am not a big drinker. I absolutely cannot not stand that “buzz” you get after a strong drink, or couple glasses of wine. Makes me feel out of control. Weird how some crave that “buzz” feeling. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 21 Mar 2021 , 3:13pm
post #14 of 32

Haha June!  I am exactly the same with you on hating the buzz from alcohol.  Only a couple of days ago I told Mike I sure wish I could drink wine without it making me drunk.  I never drink more than one glass because I hate, hate the buzz!  Drunk is completely out of the question!  I've never taken any medications that made me feel funny, but I am sure I would hate that too.  For migraines I took three Excedrines and three Ibuprofen at a time, about every six hours.  They only helped enough to keep me alive.  I am surprised I have a stomach left, but I did drink a lot of water with them.  Thank goodness, the migraines stopped with menopause.

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 21 Mar 2021 , 10:17pm
post #15 of 32

I love the tip about the ice. Ya'll know I only post every couple of months when I want to complain about something. We got over the ice and snow (SOOO weird) and haven't had any tornadoes out here yet in podunk West Texas, but tornado season is just getting started. I don't have a problem with our water freezing up - that I can deal with. It's when the drains froze that it became a problem and they took 3 days to thaw.  Makes it difficult to shower or actually do anything in the bathroom. I wouldn't have made a good pioneer.

About our only extravagance is having our laundry done - we drop it off on Saturday and pick it up on Sunday - otherwise, we rarely leave the house on the weekends.  Apparently the soap they're using is getting to us.  Hubby had a rash on his arms a couple of weeks ago but it went away.  Then it was my turn.  The skin on my right hip, from my waist to mid-thigh has been burning and hurting for 2 weeks and now I'm breaking out in big red bumps. I haven't had pain like this since I had my teeth done. I know it doesn't compare to arthritis and I'm just a big baby and it will go away at some point, but I'm going to try the ice thing.  It took until last night for us to figure out the cause and if the ice trick works, I'll include all of you in my will.  I haven't had the oomph to do any baking and I'm having withdrawals.

Glad to hear everybody is safe and staying warm. I'm ready for some warmer weather - that what Texas is for, right?  Love you guys - Thanks.

-K8memphis Posted 21 Mar 2021 , 11:34pm
post #16 of 32

cakefan -- do you have shingles?

-K8memphis Posted 21 Mar 2021 , 11:35pm
post #17 of 32

and cakefan -- no one disease, condition or ailment has a corner on the pain market -- if something hurts, it hurts! 

SandraSmiley Posted 21 Mar 2021 , 11:53pm
post #18 of 32

Exactly what -K8 said!  It really sounds like you have shingles and yes, they are very painful.  

-K8memphis Posted 22 Mar 2021 , 11:08pm
post #19 of 32

June -- I emailed them and unfortunately they do not ship to canada -- wah wah 

-K8memphis Posted 23 Mar 2021 , 1:37pm
post #20 of 32
i mean the myaderm and myaderm people ^^^
ReginaCoeliB Posted 23 Mar 2021 , 2:10pm
post #21 of 32

Well I guess asking if they ship to Venezuela is more than discarded! But I'll pass my mom your tips and tricks!

-K8memphis Posted 23 Mar 2021 , 2:15pm
post #22 of 32

could you ship it to her? it has cbd in it made from the hemp plant -- similar to marijuana but not that -- but probably can't go over borders

ReginaCoeliB Posted 23 Mar 2021 , 5:24pm
post #23 of 32

Mari...what??? nope, I do not think I'll dare to write that word in the custom declaration! Voltaren sounds safer!

jchuck Posted 23 Mar 2021 , 10:25pm
post #24 of 32

cakefan92. For someone who suffered from shingles, it certainly sounds suspiciously that is what you and your husband had/have. Of course it could be the laundry soap, but you would break out all night over. Not in just one specific area. I took epsom salt baths. I had special lotions to apply. Now, I think there’s oral meds that you can take. I got vaccinated 3 years ago against shingles. Because I’ve had them before, there was likelihood that under stress or severe illness, I could get shingles again. Thanks, but no thanks. I still have lingering nerve pain on both of my shoulder blades where I had the most severe outbreak. 

Sandra I laughed when I read your post. I can only ever manage one glass of wine. 4-6 oz, max. And I make sure I’ve eaten, or am eating when I consume. Otherwise, wham, right to my head. I’m a one glass girl!!! 

SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2021 , 1:04am
post #25 of 32

Then you understand exactly what I am saying, June!  I love wine, but I indulge sparingly.

ReginaCoeliB Posted 24 Mar 2021 , 1:14pm
post #26 of 32

Well, I love to add liquor to my cakes and tortes... it gives them that special kick! A couple of tbsp. per pint maybe.

As for us, I remember sharing with my husband a beer that my bother left on our fridge... after drinking half of the bottle we were sooo dizzy, that I ended up saving the other half to cook brats on it. Never attempted to drink again...That was some 18 years ago, I was still living in Venezuela. So, I'm pretty much on your side.

SandraSmiley Posted 24 Mar 2021 , 2:54pm
post #27 of 32

I love to add liquor to bakes....and meats, too, ReginaCoeliB.  I have a whole cabinet of different liquors for nothing but baking.  

-K8memphis Posted 24 Mar 2021 , 10:52pm
post #28 of 32

i agree -- alcohol + cake = wonderful  + but in the cake, not in a glass -- and I like wine in chicken and roast --

ReginaCoeliB Posted 25 Mar 2021 , 12:03am
post #29 of 32

Wine + Chicken/Roast = Yuuuum!

Hey Sandra, I wonder if the garden fairy has the cabinet's keys... check the levels frequently... or it might be the cats!

I remember dating a nice guy before knowing my husband. He liked to drink socially...One time, he invited me to celebrate his birthday with his family... Oh my!!!, within hours they were all drunk!, bumping each other, peeing on the floor, saying nasty things to each other, etc... no need to say, first and last, not the kind of family in law I wanted. Seriously, alcohol + people = total mess! Lesson learned just in time!

jchuck Posted 25 Mar 2021 , 12:40pm
post #30 of 32

Alcohol consumption, I have some strong views. My grandfather and two uncles (Dad’s brothers) all alcoholics. I remember bringing home my first bottle of wine at 21, and my Dad freaked out!!!! Dad thought I was going to become an “instant” alcoholic. I grew up in a dry home. Mom had sherry in a cupboard above the fridge for cooking, that’s it. I never saw my parents drink  alcohol. Two of my friends in high school, father’s and one uncle was a alcoholic. Fast forward, my daughter married into a family of drinkers. Not sure daughter was fully aware that it was more than  just “social” drinking. Our first invite to daughter’s in law’s was a big eye opener for us. I remarked to my daughter, there’s some serious problems going on there. My daughter was furious that I could come to such a quick conclusion. Now 10 years later daughter’s m-in-lw is a bona fide alcoholic + a sis-in-lw too. Two sis-in-law’s getting divorced, alcohol as one of the major problems with their ex’s. My daughter now realizes how perceptive I was. When you grow around alcoholics in your family, it’s not hard to miss the signs.  I’ll stick to my occasional glass of wine, and vodka/rum for cake decorating!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%