Semi Truck Cake Help

Decorating By jiya11 Updated 5 Feb 2021 , 10:20pm by kakeladi

jiya11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jiya11 Posted 5 Feb 2021 , 3:33am
post #1 of 5

Semi Truck Cake HelpSemi Truck Cake Help

Hello! I am planning to attempt an 18 wheeler / semi-truck cake on a small scale. Maybe feed 10 servings at the most. I am struggling with finding a template to carve the cake and still keep the cake proportional in size. I also want to elevate the cake so any structural advice would be great. I am thinking of a 12" square board and fit the vehicle vertically like pictured. Would love to hear your expert opinion! Thanks!

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Feb 2021 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 5

- think of cupcakes -- maybe one or two for the cab and eight for the trailer -- ten servings is half a box mix -- unless you're going for large servings --

if you have any cupcake wrappers you can arrange them on the table to get a feel for sizing --

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Feb 2021 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 5

I personally think it would be quite difficult to carve a truck cake in a size that small.  If you use a 12" board, the truck would only be about 8" long, total, and that is super small for carving.

To be in proportion, the trailer need to be about four times the length to the width and the tractor should be carved to the same height and width as the trailer.  To elevate the truck, I would use  blocks of wood, sprayed black inset under the cake board, so they wouldn't show.  You could also use blocks of styrofoam, but they need to be dark, so they will not show.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Feb 2021 , 6:10pm
post #4 of 5

it's do-able but i think it's much harder on a scale that small

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Feb 2021 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 5

I'm not good at firguring sizes & certainly not to scale!  LOL ...  but I made one using a 12x16 sheet; cut it in 1/2 long ways & stack for a 'bar' cake 16x6x4.  For a cake as small as you want make a 10" sq, cut in 1/2 & stacked.  It's the cab part that is going to be a problem.....maybe a 6 sq cut in 1/2 & stackes then shaped some.....just thinking off the top of my head.  For wheels I used Oreos.........I didn'[t elevate the truck......sorry i can't get to my pix :(

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%