Using Biscuits/cookies As Decoration On Cupcakes/cakes

Decorating By cakelady607 Updated 4 Oct 2020 , 7:57pm by -K8memphis

cakelady607 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady607 Posted 3 Oct 2020 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 9

Looking for advice on using cookies/biscuits as decoration. For example an Oreo cupcake and using an Oreo cookie on the top of the buttercream swirl. I find these just go soft/stale by the time the cake is ready to serve or be collected. Any advice?

thanks. 

8 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 3 Oct 2020 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 9

I've only done one cake decorated with Oreo cookies and when I delivered it, I didn't notice the cookies going soft, but I didn't eat any of it.  They may have been soften a bit where they went into the buttercream, but they still stood up on the cake just fine.  I did wait until right before we left to deliver to add the cookies and candies, so it had only been maybe two hours, at the most.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Oct 2020 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 9

Though I never thought about it I’m not surprised:)   Thanks for that information 

kakeladi Posted 3 Oct 2020 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 9

Though I never thought about it I’m not surprised:)   Thanks for that information 

kakeladi Posted 3 Oct 2020 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 9

kakeladi Posted 3 Oct 2020 , 11:18pm
post #6 of 9

kakeladi Posted 3 Oct 2020 , 11:19pm
post #7 of 9

kakeladi Posted 3 Oct 2020 , 11:19pm
post #8 of 9

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Oct 2020 , 7:57pm
post #9 of 9

you could dip the part that disappears into the cookie with chocolate to prevent the softening -- but yes otherwise it does soften them up -- the dry crisp cookie pulls the moisture in --

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%