How Do You Write On The Side Of A Wedding Cake (Techniques To Get The Writing Perfect) And Then How Can I Make It Silver?????

Decorating By JodiMae Updated 9 Aug 2020 , 6:56pm by SandraSmiley

JodiMae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodiMae Posted 9 Aug 2020 , 3:58am
post #1 of 3

I am going for something like this..How Do You Write On The Side Of A Wedding Cake (Techniques To Get The Writing Perfect) And Then How Can I Make It Silver?????

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Aug 2020 , 5:47am
post #2 of 3

Very pretty design:)   Elevate the cake —ideally on a pedestal/turntable.— stack of books—any way that is stable.   Get it up to eye level.   Maybe print out the words in the size u need  mirror fashion, pipe over them w/royal icing, let dry & use as a press  on the b’cream.   Might work on fondant-not sure.  Pipe 1st w/white icing, if not perfect  wipe into cake w/off-set spatula  when perfect pipe over w/blk.   As for gold... I’ve heard u paint w/gold dust mixed with vodka or extract (lemon or vanilla)   Need to carefully work fast as it will evaporate quickly...but all u need is to add more vodka as it thickens up 

Hope this helps

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 9 Aug 2020 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 3

My first thought was exactly as kakeladi described.  There is also a set of script stamps called Sweet Stamp which embosses the writing onto the cake and is generally filled in with color without piping.

If you have trouble responding, just start a new post and refer back to this one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%