Wedding Vent

Lounge By angesradieux Updated 1 Jul 2020 , 9:55pm by kakeladi

angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 26 Jun 2020 , 2:51am
post #1 of 13

I know I've posted here about my sister's wedding drama before, but I'm just going completely out of my mind.

Now that I caved and agreed to make 24 cupcakes as favors on top of the cake, I discover both my cake and cupcakes are completely superfluous. I'm so angry. My aunt brought cookies, brownie pops, and chocolate covered pretzels as favors. So why did I waste so many hours and so much money on ingredients to make these stupid cupcakes?

But it doesn't end there! My aunt also got a cake. When I first heard about it, I figured it would probably at least be tiny. Maybe the size of a smash cake? Well, my aunt comes over today with the cake. Nope! It's two tiers. Small tiers, but still a tiered wedding cake. Now, my aunt KNEW I was making cupcakes and a cake. My sister accepted the cake when I offered. It's not like I just sprang this on anyone.

And to add insult to injury, the boyfriend, also knowing full well I was working on a cake, ordered 50 cannolis.

Keep in mine, the cake is being served to immediate family only, and maybe my aunt and her family if she stays to help clean up. That is 8-12 people. For whom we now have 50 cannolis and another wedding cake on top of the one I was making as a gift.

I don't even want to finish the cake anymore, nor do I want to bother giving the cupcakes as favors. I feel so disrespected. I had also made rainbow cookies that matched the wedding colors as a surprise. But those are definitely unnecessary now. Probably just going to go in the trash.

Guess this teaches me to try to do anything nice for my family.

12 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Jun 2020 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 13

that's a huge gut punch -- sorry that happened -- find your heart in there amidst the ongoing drama that is all things family weddingment (sic) and go with what makes you feel good -- if that's not possible i understand that too -- really that hurts i get it --

-K8memphis Posted 26 Jun 2020 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 13

don't trash the cookies -- drop them off at the ER for the staff or to the fire station or police station -- first responders appreciate things like that very much -- should make you feel a tiny bit better right there alone maybe

purple_heart

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 26 Jun 2020 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 13

I saw  your cookies on another site and they were adorable.  Regardless of whatever other goodies the guests receive, I am sure they would love and enjoy your cookies and cupcakes too.  Who doesn't appreciate goodies.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jun 2020 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 13

Aawww what a hard blow!   Your family is sure unusual:(   As the others said don’t trash any of your hard work but gift it to some who will appreciate it — hospital, police, fire stations, maybe a walk-in medical facility , or even a bank any where people have been working thru the past months.   

angesradieux Posted 26 Jun 2020 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 13

Thanks. :) Maybe I'll donate some of the baked goods. I did make the cake, mostly because I already baked it and piped the flowers, and I didn't want those to go to waste. I was going to make a pulled sugar topper, but I'm not sure I have the energy for that. The cake isn't perfect, but it's also not terrible. I'm still a bit upset about the second cake. But I guess it no one eats mine, at least I can find people to give it away to.

Wedding Vent

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 26 Jun 2020 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 13

Lovely cake.  I am sure your sister will be very appreciative and love it too.

-K8memphis Posted 28 Jun 2020 , 4:48pm
post #8 of 13

it's a beautiful cake!

mahtc2016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mahtc2016 Posted 29 Jun 2020 , 12:04am
post #9 of 13

Your cake is lovely.

angesradieux Posted 1 Jul 2020 , 3:49pm
post #10 of 13

The wedding came and went. Barely even a thank you from my sister and the boyfriend for the cake, cupcakes, and cookies. But, setting up the cookies and cupcakes for guests to take gave me an excuse to disappear for awhile and not watch the first dance.

I also got some petty satisfaction over the fact that the cake my aunt brought had some serious issues with bulging and cracked fondant. It was in the back, so I guess it still looked fine in photos. I don't think my sister even noticed, but it made my day a little better.

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 1 Jul 2020 , 7:08pm
post #11 of 13

You should be very proud - that's a beautiful cake.  I agree with K8 about donating any extra goodies - folks appreciate free sweet stuff.

But, seriously, in the future I would back off on making anything for my family if I were treated the way they've done you through this whole thing. But of course, that's just me and I've been told I have an attitude. Which is not altogether a bad thing. You did great, sweetie, and have every right to be proud.

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 1 Jul 2020 , 7:08pm
post #12 of 13

You should be very proud - that's a beautiful cake.  I agree with K8 about donating any extra goodies - folks appreciate free sweet stuff.

But, seriously, in the future I would back off on making anything for my family if I were treated the way they've done you through this whole thing. But of course, that's just me and I've been told I have an attitude. Which is not altogether a bad thing. You did great, sweetie, and have every right to be proud.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Jul 2020 , 9:55pm
post #13 of 13

Yes your worth was great and I concurred w/this: ....... But, seriously, in the future I would back off on making anything for my family if I were treated the way they've done you through this whole thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%