Friday Night Cake Club For 06-05-20

Decorating By Laetia Updated 9 Jun 2020 , 8:44am by gscout73

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 6 Jun 2020 , 12:26am
post #1 of 12

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

I have nothing to share again this week, hope you've been caking a little more!

Have a great weekend,

Julie

11 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Jun 2020 , 1:18am
post #2 of 12

i made chicken thighs this week, steamed some broccoli and cauliflower, baked the ever present sweet potatoes -- but dang i didn't get any pictures -- maybe next time -- oh and i did a pot roast too with meting potatoes...

blush

angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 6 Jun 2020 , 2:04am
post #3 of 12

Nothing terribly interesting this week. Just a pink and white cake. The customer originally wanted an lol doll cake, but we don't have any lol decopac sets. The doll then showed me was pink and white, so I said I would do the cake in those colors, and maybe they can get a doll to put on to at home.

K8memphis, your chicken dinner sounds delicious! I haven't had cauliflower or sweet potatoes in awhile. And so does the pot roast! We don't have that too often, either, but when we do it's always a nice treat.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 Jun 2020 , 2:09am
post #4 of 12

I completed a chocolate piece for a collaboration, but I cannot yet post pics. I feel that it is probably the best sculpture I've done, but not necessarily something I would have chosen to do had it not been for the collab theme.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Jun 2020 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 12

K8 those dinners sound like they were made just for m e:)   Agnes that’s a beautiful shade of pink   How’s things at home?   

-K8memphis Posted 6 Jun 2020 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 12

thanks, lynnie -- i meant melting potatoes -- i got out the electric knife and cut the roast in to real thin slices mmmm

angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 6 Jun 2020 , 11:55pm
post #7 of 12

Thanks Kakeladi!

Things at home are not great. My sister's wedding is in under three weeks. I offered to do a cake, because bakeries are still almost all closed around here and I felt bad. But my mom and sister decided, on top of the cake, I need to make 2 dozen cupcakes to hand out as favors to all the guests. I'm trying to do as much as I can in advance, but I'm pretty frustrated since no one has even offered to contribute towards the cost of ingredients. I also have just gone back to full time hours at work, so I'm not sure when everyone expects me to have time for the cupcakes and the cake. But, it's just more of the same obnoxiousness.

On the bright side, I'm getting lots of practice piping. I made 75 buttercream flowers for the cake today. I'd never tried a camilla before, so at least I learned something new. But I do wish my family appreciated the time, energy, and money this project is going to require.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 8 Jun 2020 , 3:33am
post #8 of 12

Here is my labor of love. It was for a fellow GS volunteer who is such a treasure. Her vav color is green and she is from Hawaii. 2 layer choc with buttercream, gum paste flowers and leaves, and sugar lace.  Friday Night Cake Club For 06-05-20

-K8memphis Posted 8 Jun 2020 , 2:10pm
post #9 of 12

gscout -- pretty pretty!

angesradieux i love seeing all those pans of flowers -- and your pink cake is lovely too --

they are beautiful and they also make me so nostalgic for when i could do that -- wah wah --

blush

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 9 Jun 2020 , 1:44am
post #10 of 12

Beautiful flowers, angesradieux!  I would take me three weeks to get that many decent, usable flowers.

gscout, your cake is lovely.  The green is such a beautiful color!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Jun 2020 , 3:43am
post #11 of 12

That sugar lace sure makes a dainty cake especially match w/that beautiful shade of green 

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 9 Jun 2020 , 8:44am
post #12 of 12

Thank you all!!  With these months of pandemic social distancing, I needed a break and make some cakes for friends. Which is code for play and experiment :-). I love the look of lace and I think the ruffle worked. Next time I will most likely replace the small shells along the edge with pearls.

And Agnes, you certainly did a great job with those flowers! I don't have much good luck with butter cream and royal icing flowers on the sides of cakes because mine have a tendency to fall off in transport.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%