Thank You All So Much, I Am Still Here

Lounge By Jackie Updated 3 days ago by crnewbold

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 28 May 2020 , 12:51am
post #1 of 27

As most have you have noticed for quite some time, I have been seemingly absent from the site.  I want you to know that I am still here.  I never left. As the founder of this wonderful community I owe you all an explanation.  

Over a year ago, a rare form of strep throat bacteria mysteriously entered my bloodstream, and within a week I was in a coma, on a ventilator, fighting for my life.  A few weeks later, I somehow managed to pull through, wake up, come off the ventilator and started my journey back. I took me several months to regain the ability to walk, or stand on my own, but I happy to say that I no longer need a walker, cane or any other assistance, I am healthy and strong.  You don't know this, but all of you have been such a tremendous well of encouragement, happiness and consistently gave me the drive to keep pushing forward when I wanted to give up.  Through the months of living in a hospital and seemingly endless hospitals and surgeries, I have silently been at every Friday Night Cake Club, cheering you on and smiling with you. I have weathered every horrible spam attack and fought it off as I could, even when it seemed like it was never going to end, I was in the back end trying to block IPs and create new code to block these bastards, and clean up where I could. 

I cannot tell you all how many times I have clicked the "Start Conversation" button here on cakecentral.com to tell you my story, but I did not because until very recently, I did not feel any kind of certainty about my health or future. I feel certain now, and I am so fortunate to have all of you still here. Many of you have had to overcome much more and continue to be a source of inspiration and strength for me on difficult days.  Thank you.  Thank you all so much more than you will ever know. 

From the bottom of my heart, and with all my love,

Your biggest cake fan and friend

--Jackie

Thank You All So Much, I Am Still HereThank You All So Much, I Am Still HereThank You All So Much, I Am Still HereThank You All So Much, I Am Still HereThank You All So Much, I Am Still HereThank You All So Much, I Am Still Here

26 replies
Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 28 May 2020 , 12:57am
post #2 of 27

How terrible! I'm glad you're on the right track now. We've missed you around here...

Take care

Julie

Jackie Posted 28 May 2020 , 1:13am
post #3 of 27

Thank you Julie, it's interesting how sometimes the most terrible and challenging things we experience, bring so much clarity on just how beautiful life really is.

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 28 May 2020 , 1:14am
post #4 of 27

Omg Jackie

How terrible for you. I feel slightly ashamed thinking you had abandoned CC. I’m so glad you’re on the mend. Pretty horrific. Please take care, baby steps getting better. We certainly have missed your involvement on CC ❤️

Jackie Posted 28 May 2020 , 1:17am
post #5 of 27

OMG @jchuck, please do not feel guilty at all! That is entirely on me, this community is my reponsibility and I should have communicated what was going on sooner.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 May 2020 , 1:18am
post #6 of 27

holy moly! i'm so sorry you went through all that and at the same time i'm so glad to hear you are doing so much better! wow you have really been through it!! 

super glad you're well again -- that's a huge miracle

and this board  being recovered out of spamland is another kind of miracle

hooray hooray hooray

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 May 2020 , 1:29am
post #7 of 27

i'm a little in shock -- i just re-read your post to my husband 'cause he wanted to know what was going on -- and wow i can't believe what you've gone through -- geez louise!

in  other news, you look great!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 28 May 2020 , 1:50am
post #8 of 27

Oh Jackie

So happy to hear you are healing!  And like June, I'm sorry we didn't actually know so I could've been sympathetic.  But this site has meant a lot to all of us as you can see and some of us hangers-on tried to keep going as long as we could!  Whether it was talking cake or personal events - just to keep in contact and to keep threads going!

Welcome back to the new new-normal! You look great!

xo

Theresa

kcp2264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcp2264 Posted 28 May 2020 , 2:19am
post #9 of 27

Glad you pulled through! How scary!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 May 2020 , 2:19am
post #10 of 27

So glad to know you are improving and are happy.  We all think “oh poor me” when we have a cold or some little ache but what you have gone thru puts my little pain in a totally different light.    In love let me say “shame on you “ for not letting us know!!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 28 May 2020 , 2:20am
post #11 of 27

I always thought something big must've happened because it was like a blip and you were gone! So very thankful that you are on the mend and getting stronger every day.  Thank you for the post and sharing your very private but very intense ordeal. You have my virtual hug from afar❤

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 28 May 2020 , 3:07am
post #12 of 27

Oh dear Jackie, I am so sorry you have been through such a horrible illness!  We were all afraid something terrible had happened, but could not imagine what it could be.  This is such a wonderful site and a source of inspiration and pleasure for all of us.  It was like a miracle when I opened the page AND IT WAS CLEAN!  I know it sounds crazy, and I am willing to bet I am not the only one, but knowing you are well and the site restored made tears come to my eyes.  Welcome home!

Jackie Posted 28 May 2020 , 3:59am
post #13 of 27

Thank you so much! You are making me cry too!

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 28 May 2020 , 6:42am
post #14 of 27

Wow! What a journey. Ive been absent also fighting cancer but have been a regular here since the early days. Glad you're on the mend.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 May 2020 , 12:58pm
post #15 of 27

KayDay —May you beat that beast sapping your life away .  From one ol’timer to another keep on trucken’ 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 28 May 2020 , 1:38pm
post #16 of 27

KayDay, I am so sorry to hear of your battle.  We are always ready to lend moral support, if you need a shoulder.  Sending healing energy your way.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 28 May 2020 , 1:45pm
post #17 of 27

KayDay sending cake-filled hugs and prayers your way too! 

Theresa

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 28 May 2020 , 3:54pm
post #18 of 27

Jackie,

Hallelujah!!! So sorry you went through all this. You are a real trouper and so strong. I'm rather ashamed of myself for thinking you had just left us.  I actually got out my old computer to start copying all the recipes today so they wouldn't disappear.

So glad to have you back.

Jan

Jackie Posted 28 May 2020 , 4:46pm
post #19 of 27

KayDay.. I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad to hear from you again! 

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 29 May 2020 , 8:25pm
post #20 of 27

SO DANG GLAD.  Glad you are healthy.  Glad you are back!  Glad the Site isn't all spam-my anymore!!  Glad to see more cakes!!  Glad to have the threads back!  JUST DAMN GLAD!  I kid you not, I had to quit getting on the site because Id get a laptop full of spam and not the good kind, either.  And now am GLAD I can open it all up and peruse and be all YAY look at me surfing cake central.com again! 

I couldn't be anymore glad-der!!  is that a word.  i can't be anymore gladder about this whole kit-n-kaboodle!

maudie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maudie21 Posted 29 May 2020 , 9:11pm
post #21 of 27

I have to agree with the comments above. So glad you are back, healthy and strong :)

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 29 May 2020 , 9:52pm
post #22 of 27

HOLY MACARONIS!! This reads like some sort of fictional cake, love and triumph story! I’m buying the movie rights to Friday Night Cake Club.

Congratulations on being a fighter! I’m sure there were many people praying for and supporting you. I’m incredibly touched that in some odd way we may have entertained you or lessened your pain for a split second by contributing to a silly cake post.....and I’m happy that something you love so much helped you get through such a difficult time.

Thanks for reaching out, sharing your struggle and coming back home :)

And hooray!! My Cookie Monster cake won’t be posted next to a giant weenie!!!!!!! 

Love,

Meredith

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 29 May 2020 , 10:07pm
post #23 of 27

So,so glad you're doing so well, Jackie.   Now when I open this site its like a ray of sunshine that makes my day!  And yes,MerMaidBakeGoods, its great not to see those giant weenies!!! LOL    Welcome back,  Gwen (doz)

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 29 May 2020 , 10:10pm
post #24 of 27

PS  you have the prettiest eyes!

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 30 May 2020 , 11:09pm
post #25 of 27

Jackie, 

sorry to hear you had a major health issue, but glad you are back and feeling better.

Kayday,

I'm sorry to hear about your terrible disease you had to endure. I will be rooting for you to kick cancer's nass

martabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martabell Posted 3 Jul 2020 , 1:24pm
post #26 of 27

Jackie,

OMG!!! I just came across this post and I can't tell you how sooooo very sorry to hear about your terrible tragedy!!! scream I am so glad to hear you're on the road to recovery! This has always been my "go-to" website for any baking questions I have. Everyone is so wonderful here and I know at least one person (if not more) will respond usually within the same day! You are a very beautiful girl! Prayers to you to stay healthy! kissing_heart

Bella

crnewbold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crnewbold Posted 3 days ago
post #27 of 27

Oh, this is both awful and wonderful news!  I must admit that I did pretty much write-off the site, and it used to be my daily addiction and first go-to.  Sounds like you are bouncing back.  I wish you the best and look forward to re-joining the community.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%