New Gas Oven

Lounge By Welshdragon Updated 31 May 2020 , 1:30am by GI

Welshdragon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Welshdragon Posted 28 Apr 2020 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 16

OMG guys have had a new gas oven instead of my electric one was not expensive  just has two racks in the oven part!! Any way what happening is everything and I mean everything is perfect on top but burnt underneath!! Roast potatoes , cakes even cupcakes

15 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Apr 2020 , 1:12am
post #2 of 16

Can the racks be moved? Are you baking on the upper Most one? What temp are you baking at? Have you had anyone test it for proper temp? Even new ovens sometimes need to be calibrated

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 29 Apr 2020 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 16

I've never used a gas oven, sorry.

kakeladi Posted 29 Apr 2020 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 16

My x was an appliance repair man & always said heat was heat whether it came from a camp fire, wood , gas or electric But that does not account for the “box”/oven that contains it Every oven will have hot spots! You have to learn how to make your oven work for & with you Try putting a pan of water in w/your baking But do see about getting it calabrated This does NOT mean getting one of those useless little round temperature thingys They usually are sooo off :(

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 1 May 2020 , 12:29pm
post #5 of 16

Bump

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 3 May 2020 , 9:51pm
post #6 of 16

I keep a large pizza stone in bottom of my gas oven. I think it helps the heat stay even when the gas is going between on and off. A tip from Shirley Corriher.

SandraSmiley Posted 4 May 2020 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 16

bump

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 5 May 2020 , 2:36pm
post #8 of 16

Sandra, can you explain what "bump" means on CC

SandraSmiley Posted 5 May 2020 , 3:35pm
post #9 of 16

Hi MamaGeese,

Typing "bump" is a way to push our real posts ahead of the spam.  It could be any sort of comment.  When I am super lazy, I just put in a period (  .  ).  Any activity on a post moves it to the top of the forum list.

I do think we are about to lose the site entirely.

jchuck Posted 5 May 2020 , 5:05pm
post #10 of 16

Yes Sandra, holy moly all the photo uploads are all spam. Getting harder and harder for any “real” content!!!

SandraSmiley Posted 6 May 2020 , 12:53pm
post #11 of 16

I wonder what pleasure these degenerate morons get from wrecking a simple, already almost defunct, cake site?  I guess they cannot stand that we enjoy talking to each other.

SandraSmiley Posted 6 May 2020 , 12:54pm
post #12 of 16

I guess we could all start uploading every cake picture (or grandkids, for that matter!) we ever made, just to have some content that is not spam.

jchuck Posted 6 May 2020 , 2:26pm
post #13 of 16

I’ve never understood the mind of a spammers. I don’t know what they achieve by spamming??  I can’t see any any monetary reward. I guess they get some sort of sick satisfaction from screwing up websites. Really very sad.

kakeladi Posted 6 May 2020 , 10:52pm
post #14 of 16

Bump 

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 8 May 2020 , 7:32pm
post #15 of 16

the scammers must get paid by the post.  trying to bump as many real post I can

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 31 May 2020 , 1:30am
post #16 of 16

I have a gas oven and love it. I ordered another rack off Amazon for my model and keep a large clay pizza stone in the bottom on top of the lowest rack (do not set on floor of oven!)

This works to dissipate heat evenly and avoid hot spots. Also, I bake cakes, cookies,  pastry, etc. on 350° or less, depending on what it is. Even a cardboard pizza is on 400° (vs 425). Turn down a tad helps.

I don't wish to ever go back to electric oven.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%