Spam Ads!

Lounge By sweetooth94 Updated 6 Mar 2020 , 2:21pm by ReginaCoeliB

sweetooth94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth94 Posted 19 Feb 2020 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 11

Sorry, no real question here. I am just 'venting' about the SPAM ADS that seem to have taken over the Forum pages on this website.  Ahhh!  I just popped on to ask a question (about a GOLD DRIP CAKE) and wanted to browse the forums to see what was new - since I'm not on CC much.  I am overwhelmed with all these silly SPAM ADS!  So sad and annoying that they are taking over on here.... I've even clicked on a few thinking they were real decorators asking a baking question, and they are just SPAM.  Just like the annoying robo-calls - I'm guessing there is no way to control them!   

10 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 19 Feb 2020 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 11

sweetooth94, it seems the site has long been abandoned by the owners and there are a few of us just hanging on by a thread.  So sad, but the site is dying.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 19 Feb 2020 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 11

the funny part is..... they are actually posting photos for their avatars.  Even if the current & up to date forum drives you nuts, remember that there are tens of thousands of threads, photos, recipes, & tutorials.  Use it like an library & search for your topics. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Feb 2020 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 11

Whatamatter….you don't need a penis implant??   LOLLOLLOL ROTFLOL!!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 20 Feb 2020 , 12:29am
post #5 of 11

Shut up Lynne! (LOL - that is funny)

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 21 Feb 2020 , 1:01am
post #6 of 11

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumpy!

ReginaCoeliB Posted 3 Mar 2020 , 1:37pm
post #7 of 11

Bump-bump-bump!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 4 Mar 2020 , 1:19pm
post #8 of 11

I agree. For some reason Jackie is still shown as ceo. I messaged her but never heard back.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Mar 2020 , 2:54pm
post #9 of 11

There have been several who say they also have message them with no reply months ago As I said before sure hope nothing bad happened to either of them

sweetooth94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth94 Posted 5 Mar 2020 , 6:31pm
post #10 of 11

WOW!  That's sad that it's not being manned anymore.  I used to be on this website almost daily when I first got started (10 years ago) with my baking business.  I rarely posted or asked questions but I sure loved the forum, tutorials and recipes to learn from.  When learning, most of my questions had already been asked or explained so I searched for answers often on here.  I found this site had many great bakers that offered free advise. and solutions to baking problems/situations.  I am busy enough now that I'm not on here often, but occasionally I turn here for answers.  Although I've been baking almost 10-years, I still search for answers and learn new things daily.  I don't have a lot of "baker friends" in my area where I can ask questions, "vent" and bounce ideas off of.  There are only 3 of us left from when I first started.  I used to have a group of about 1-dozen in my area and we had a private group on FB to vent to and refer back and forth .... but sadly they have all burned-out, had health problems, gotten divorces (hence - quit baking so they could get a new job with full benefits) and stopped baking professionally.  I miss that group!  Three of us still bake and I still refer customers to the other two when I'm busy. I do PM them when I have odd questions about a baking situation, but jumping on this website a few weeks ago to see that it was gobbled up with SPAM ads was really sad :-(   

ReginaCoeliB Posted 6 Mar 2020 , 2:21pm
post #11 of 11

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%