What Size Cakes? Need Input Please!

Decorating By satindoll_101 Updated 29 Jan 2020 , 3:43pm by SandraSmiley

satindoll_101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satindoll_101 Posted 28 Jan 2020 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 7

Hi All,

A client has asked me to make a cake that looks like the pic below. I am trying to figure out the size of the cake. Is it:

Bottom Tier---Double barrelled 8" round

Top Tier---Double barrelled 6" round

This is my first guess. But not sure if the bottom is a 6" double barrelled and top tier is a 4" double barrelled

THoughts?What Size Cakes? Need Input Please!

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Jan 2020 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 7

It really does't matter that much which size the tiers are - it will depend on how many servings are needed.  Having said that...my guess is the same as yours - 6 & 8.  

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 29 Jan 2020 , 12:29am
post #3 of 7

At the expense of being controversial, the two tiers appear to have a three inch difference instead of two, like maybe a 6" double barrel and a 3" double barrel.  The tiers on this particular cake are not very big unless the flowers are gigantic.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Jan 2020 , 1:09am
post #4 of 7

You're not controversial at all.  You do so much more of this then I do......expecially double barrel things :)   I just assumed the flowers were gigantic :) 

SandraSmiley Posted 29 Jan 2020 , 1:34am
post #5 of 7

And they very well could be, lol!

satindoll_101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
satindoll_101 Posted 29 Jan 2020 , 2:25am
post #6 of 7

I think the flowers are huge which is what is throwing me off! Or just how the pic is taken so up close?

I assumed a 2" diff between the cakes (so 6 and 8 OR 6 and 4). I think the top tier is offset (not centrered) so it looks like a 3" diff? 

The client just clarified that they only want the cake to feed 40 people so I'm thinking that if I do a 6" and 4" tall or double barrelled cake it would feed 38 people approximate. I think an 8" would be too much cake when combined with another smaller cake.

SandraSmiley Posted 29 Jan 2020 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 7

Bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%