Yay!!! Sorta

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 26 Nov 2019 , 3:33pm by MerMadeBakedGoods

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Nov 2019 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 40

I kept getting a 503 error this morning — thought it might be over — glad we’re back as damaged as it is — but...wow wish it could get fixed

39 replies
-K8memphis Posted 21 Nov 2019 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 40

no, it said 503 service unavailable 

-K8memphis Posted 21 Nov 2019 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 40

no, it said 503 service unavailable 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Nov 2019 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 40

Guess there's been more trouble here - - - but glad I missed it.   At least for now I no longer have access to inteernet on my phone.........it's not the phone, - appears I no longer have a hot spot in which to connect to the internet  so have to rely on the library. 

-K8memphis Posted 21 Nov 2019 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 40

hope that gets restored for you, lynne

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 21 Nov 2019 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 40

Hey boss, can I assign you the brownies book report?...I'm still curious!

-K8memphis Posted 21 Nov 2019 , 10:32pm
post #7 of 40

let’s see — that’s a couple books ago — what happened... lemme look it up — but i’m gonna try half of this recipe to see if it’s worthy for out thanksgiving — gotta figure out which pans of mine I can use for half an 8” round... i’ll catch you up soon, oh yeah oh yeah I remember — a little more bloodshed — and I figured out the bad guy but but I was surprised by one thing in the end— i’ll be back ... in a few...

-K8memphis Posted 21 Nov 2019 , 10:37pm
post #8 of 40

29F8A6FD-2B15-4A3A-BF39-D3E13AA85D31.png2FA6F5B6-B877-4F9C-A607-99D6547FE22D.png

-K8memphis Posted 21 Nov 2019 , 10:37pm
post #9 of 40

except i’m using a real egg — not the gelatin egg

-K8memphis Posted 22 Nov 2019 , 12:14am
post #10 of 40

omg -- the batter is not promising taste wise -- but these things can turn all the way around after baking and cooling -- the dot of vinegar in the gelatin egg might have really helped -- dang it should have put that in there -- but anyway we'll see -- (cause I swapped a real egg for the gelatin one)

ReginaCoeliB Posted 22 Nov 2019 , 12:57am
post #11 of 40

Ok Boss, you've got a B+. Your plot was all right, but your grammar was terrible!

I could fix that if you cooperate... make the whole recipe instead of half (mine with real everything please, replace the coconut oil for real pork lard!) and sent it here... I'll upgrade to A upon tasting. A+ if you get it in perfect shape and perfect time for thanksgiving. Do not forget to put foil this time... if you get soup again... sprinkle some cilantro on mine... cilantro makes everything taste better (that is what my mom says!)

Deal boss?

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 22 Nov 2019 , 2:54pm
post #12 of 40

I agree that cilantro makes everything taste better.....and bacon!

kakeladi Posted 22 Nov 2019 , 7:22pm
post #13 of 40

Oh my GOODNESS!  Cilantro??? :(   That stuff is worse than eating mud soaked socks!!!      Can  you tell I don't like the stuff?   Make mine parsley instead.

Rachel_n_VA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel_n_VA Posted 22 Nov 2019 , 7:31pm
post #14 of 40

Mud-soaked socks?  LOL!  I like cilantro, but my coworker says it tastes like stinkbugs smell.

ReginaCoeliB Posted 22 Nov 2019 , 7:56pm
post #15 of 40

Hey Kakeladi are you insulting MY cilantro? I'll tell you what, I'll wait for you under the apple tree after the recess, at 4:00 p.m. pacific time.... I'm in central, but who cares! (I'm giving you extra time to take back and regret your insult!) This is WAR!!!!! AAAAARRRRRRGGGGH!

SandraSmiley Posted 22 Nov 2019 , 8:25pm
post #16 of 40

kakeladi, I bet you don't like guacamole either and there you are in the heart of avocado land!  I think everything is better with avocadoes on it too.

kakeladi Posted 22 Nov 2019 , 11:24pm
post #17 of 40

NO I'm not insulting  you :)  but oh how I cannot stand the taste of cilantro!    Now as for guacamole &/or avacados bring it on!   As long as its not spicy.  I have avocado often for bkfst. 

kakeladi Posted 22 Nov 2019 , 11:26pm
post #18 of 40

Yes, yes yes Rachel_n _VA I so agree w/your coworker 200%.   I don't remember now but there is something about 'us' when you don't like it.....something in our body...…..

ReginaCoeliB Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 12:55am
post #19 of 40

Guacamole without cilantro?... that sounds like strawberry shortcake without strawberries... or sundae without ice cream.... soooo sad! :(

Well, I do understand... I can't stand pickles.. not even smell them! guess we are even! 

SandraSmiley Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 1:13am
post #20 of 40

One of the few things I do not like are fennel seeds and camomile, which to me smell just alike.  Hate them! 

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 2:27pm
post #21 of 40

I can’t stand fennel seeds, anise...yuk!! I like cilantro in something, but definitely not eaten raw. But then parsley raw ain’t tasty either....very bitter. And I noticed I can no longer put any emoji’s or symbols in my post. CC either eliminates them, or won’t allow me to post unless I remove them!!????

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 4:39pm
post #22 of 40

How in the world do you make salsa without cilantro? Can't be done! On the other hand, I'm soooooo over the avocado phase. I used to love guacamole until I suddenly became allergic to avocados. Now I can't even take a single bite of them. I make a beautiful avocado toast but I've never been able to taste it.

SandraSmiley Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 5:30pm
post #23 of 40

Oh mercy, cakefan92!  How horrible to not be able to eat avocados!  I think I would shoot myself.

SandraSmiley Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 5:31pm
post #24 of 40

Oh, and for me it is not a craze.  I've been eating them like they were going out of style for 30 years....on and in everything!

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 5:32pm
post #25 of 40

Ha Ha Sandra....I put avocados in my smoothies all the time. And we do love us some guacamole!!!! 

kakeladi Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 6:14pm
post #26 of 40

.......How in the world do you make salsa without cilantro? Can't be done.........   You buy the mild Pace picante sauce (I know that's not spelled right)   Also my allergist sayes if you don't like/hate some food you most likely are allergic to it or at very least senitive to it. 

ReginaCoeliB Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 7:27pm
post #27 of 40

I would never forget the first time I took an avocado to the family of my daughter's godparents. Their oldest boy was some 13 y.o. This was rural Upstate New York. Sam looked at me and said "what kid of pear is that... I've never seen a black pear in my life!". I wish I had taken a picture of his face when I cut  the "pear" and a bright green flesh appeared in front of his eyes... not to mention the pit! Oh poor guy he almost passed.

SandraSmiley Posted 24 Nov 2019 , 3:31am
post #28 of 40

Haha, Regina!  That reminds me, one Thanksgiving I had a fruit platter and my sister and her son were standing there chowing down on the mangos.  Lynn commented that they sure were good peaches.  Thought she would faint when I told her they were mangos.

-K8memphis Posted 24 Nov 2019 , 9:43am
post #29 of 40

(everybody, pls be wary of brand new posters, or real new ones or anyone with broken English like weirdly patched together wording and a random link to click — however do click on their name and it will show their history, how many posts and the off content of their spam) — pops up a safe cc link to their previous posts — like the audio book one — we/i don’t want anybody gettin hurt aka cat fished or whatever)

we now return you to your regularly scheduled albeit fractured cake board 

-K8memphis Posted 24 Nov 2019 , 9:48am
post #30 of 40

i’m beginning to think we should get the heck outa here — what are we doing chatting amongst the rubble/debris idk — do y’all ever think that?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%