Friday Night Cake Club For 11-08-19

Decorating By Laetia Updated 12 Nov 2019 , 11:30pm by kakeladi

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 9 Nov 2019 , 1:15am
post #1 of 17

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

Hi you all! I have nothing to share with this week, but I wish your week include a lot more cake than mine! I can't wait to see what you've made!

Julie

16 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Nov 2019 , 5:50am
post #2 of 17

Hi everyone 1st time ever having anything to offer   This is the “muffin “ cake I asked for help with   Didn’t turn out well :(   It’s heavy & dry   I didn’t recommend trying to make from muffin mix   It’s just a 6”x2” hart, buttercream w/fondant Rowe’s & leaves   I don’t have ANY tools—all work  was done by hands so those roses aren’t so great    The cut showe how heavy it is    Friday Night Cake Club For 11-08-19Friday Night Cake Club For 11-08-19Friday Night Cake Club For 11-08-19

kakeladi Posted 9 Nov 2019 , 5:55am
post #3 of 17

Yikes can’t believe all the typos:(  

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 9 Nov 2019 , 10:47am
post #4 of 17

Looks pretty kakeladi.

I made this. My fondant was a bit thick and the cake was a bit fragile but I’m happy with how it turned out. 

Laetia Posted 9 Nov 2019 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 17

Kakeladi, your cake look as heavy and dense as my lemon-raspberry Halloween cake from last week! Experiment can not be successful everytime unfortunately, even for ecperimented person like you! I'm sure it tasted good and was all eaten anyway though!  Did you use your 2 of everything buttercream recipe? It looks so smooth, not grainy at all. I'm not a huge fan of ''powdered sugar'' buttercream usually, but I might give this one a try.Lovely cake, love the colors of the flowers.

Louglou what a nice cake, your potato chips looks real! 

Laetia Posted 9 Nov 2019 , 1:38pm
post #6 of 17

Oops, I hit the submit button before I was done. 

Here's my heavy and dense (but wet and mushy- not dry) cake!

kakeladi Posted 9 Nov 2019 , 2:26pm
post #7 of 17

Louglou your chips look sooo real I didn’t think that was a cake!     Laetia you’re cake does not look near as dense/ heavy as mine   I must confess I cheated big time w/the icing   Didn’t have ingredients to make icing—I bought a can of Walmart cream cheese icing!  Far cheaper than buying everything I would need to make it    I was very surprised to find it so smooth and tasted good    & I still have almost 1/2 of it left    It’s funny to make my own birthday cake but 1 Of the other ladies was surprised I remembered her birthday   Unfortunately the other one ended up having to be put in a nursing home earlier in the week:(   

Laetia Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 1:20am
post #8 of 17

Belive me kakeladi, that cake was dense!  And by the way, there's nothing wrong about cuting corner and taking the fast track sometimes. Happy birthday to you

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 4:16am
post #9 of 17

I love that chip bag louglou!!! pass the dip...

Njewett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Njewett Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 5:29pm
post #10 of 17

I love everyone cakes this week.   They all look great.   Here is my latest cake.   It was made for Icing Smiles for a 3 year old girl birthday.   I was a lot of fun to make but was frustrating at the same time.  I was hoping it would have come out a lot cleaner.   The gum paste bow dried out too much, and crack a bit.   The chocolate dome on the hat broken in spot so I had to patch.   But the family and birthday girl loved. 

Njewett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Njewett Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 5:29pm
post #11 of 17

I love everyone cakes this week.   They all look great.   Here is my latest cake.   It was made for Icing Smiles for a 3 year old girl birthday.   I was a lot of fun to make but was frustrating at the same time.  I was hoping it would have come out a lot cleaner.   The gum paste bow dried out too much, and crack a bit.   The chocolate dome on the hat broken in spot so I had to patch.   But the family and birthday girl loved. 

ThatCakeDude42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatCakeDude42 Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 9:54pm
post #12 of 17

I made a JoJo Siwa cake for one of my nieces this weekend. She likes cookies, so I made the "cake" out of chocolate chip cookies, and made a topper and decorations out of sugar cookies.

72dikPB.jpg

xdpBaai.jpg

eHo7vgo.jpg

ThatCakeDude42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatCakeDude42 Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 10:01pm
post #13 of 17

Kakeladi that looks like it could be from too much gluten development. Is it possible that you added too much liquid or mixed it for too long? 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Nov 2019 , 10:04pm
post #14 of 17

tcd -- muffin mixes like that get mixed only until incorporated like quick breads -- so... it needed more extender ingredients plus it's got fresh apple in there --

Love your work! great stuff! lucky niecelettes

kakeladi Posted 11 Nov 2019 , 7:45pm
post #15 of 17

Bump 

Laetia Posted 12 Nov 2019 , 11:03pm
post #16 of 17

Njewett you've made a precious cake for this little girl! What a great heart you have.

ThatCakeDude42 what a brilliant idea! I have to remember this cookie cake.

kakeladi Posted 12 Nov 2019 , 11:30pm
post #17 of 17

It is very possible that I overmixed it.  Since it was a muffin mix I didn't think about that and hand whisked it.  It didn't have much taste either :(   I really like you great creation for you niece.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%