Website Problems

Lounge By bvwilliams Updated 7 Dec 2019 , 5:24am by bvwilliams

bvwilliams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bvwilliams Posted 6 Nov 2019 , 3:56am
post #1 of 39

Am I the only one who is having problems with Cake Central website?  No matter what I type into the search bar, it comes back as "no results found".  And I know that's not possible.  I also can't open the support email to ask for help.  I've opened the website in safari and also firefox but it doesn't make a difference.  Can anyone help me?  I really miss searching CC for inspiration, but lately I've had to go to other sites.

38 replies
gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 6 Nov 2019 , 4:41am
post #2 of 39

No, you are not the only one. There was a time when Jackie and Heath would see discussions about problems and jump right in to reassure members things were being addressed. I have not seen hide-nor-hair of either and wonder if they've walked away.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Nov 2019 , 1:17pm
post #3 of 39

Bump 

gscout73 Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 5:41am
post #4 of 39

Also, the last facebook post on their fb page is March 2018, so that is discouraging...

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 39

bvwilliams 

This has been a ongoing problem for a several years. About 2 years ago, I couldn’t log on, period, for months and months. It was intermittent. Some days I could log on, then for days, or weeks, I couldn’t.  It was random and didn’t affect all members. So for about roughly 2 1/2 years, I was mostly off, not on. Then came the huge barrage of constant spam, forum posts not allowing comments posted, or being able to read. As another member posted, Jackie & Heath were usually right on it. Because my understanding is that Jackie speciality is IT. My first indication that things were falling apart, besides the website difficulties, was soooo many members complaining about paying and not receiving their CC magazine, both paper and digital. I would say most members lost their money. I do not believe the issue was ever resolved. That really turned off many, many members. With all the annoyances with the CC site, the CC magazine debacle was the last straw so to speak. Now, besides the usual spam, there’s periods where cake photos do not appear. Members who can’t see their own cake pictures or even their pages. Some members claim to have lost their CC page altogether. Don’t know if that was temporary.  I use to be Moderator on another cake site. Most sites and FB pages have to have Moderators to catch spam, filter out unwanted members, check posts, etc. I don’t think CC has any Moderators anymore, because nothing seems to be filtered out.  Usually websites die because of finances, and lack of involvement. But there’s certainly seems to be enough advertising on CC to pay for the daily running??? It’s hard to know what’s really going with CC without input from the owners of CC, Jackie & Heath.  It’s not cheap, you have to pay for your domain on the web. Also, many, many cake sites have gone the way of the dodo bird, extinct, or close to it. Cake sites had there day in the sun, but the popularity has dwindled. I’m on another cake site, cakeswebske.com, and it too is dying. Very little member involvement or interaction. Most decorators are on FB or Instagram. I’m actually on about 5-6 free member FB cake decorating pages. There are also several pay monthly FB cake pages too, where you’re a paid member on a private page.....Sugar Geeks, Cakeheads, just to name a few. There’s the possibility that one day we may type in CC on our computer, and it will be gone, gone, gone.....like the wind.  :o(

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 3:31pm
post #6 of 39

jchuck Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 4:25pm
post #7 of 39

There’s no reply in your post Sandra????

SandraSmiley Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 5:01pm
post #8 of 39

I didn't type anything June, just a period to "bump" the post back above the spam.

jchuck Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 5:02pm
post #9 of 39

Ahhhhh.....usually I see the “Bump”      :o)

SandraSmiley Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 5:03pm
post #10 of 39

I was too lazy to type the whole word, lol.

jchuck Posted 7 Nov 2019 , 5:06pm
post #11 of 39

Ha Ha!!!

gscout73 Posted 8 Nov 2019 , 3:01am
post #12 of 39

I have to say, I will be very sad on the day I come and the site is gone. My skills have grown just by being a part of this community. The pros giving cakers like me expert advice, tips and tricks and exposing me to tools and techniques. I am eternally grateful to all of you and others who are no longer here.

bvwilliams Posted 22 Nov 2019 , 2:54am
post #13 of 39

I really miss looking at CC for inspiration.  It's sad that it has gotten to this point.  Now, I just google a theme and tons of cake designs pop up for that theme.  I've also started using Pinterest for inspiration.  I hope this site is back up and running the way it used to.  This was such a great site to find information, tutorials and decorating advice. What a bummer. I'm sad.

SandraSmiley Posted 22 Nov 2019 , 2:53pm
post #14 of 39

bump

gscout73 Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 1:41am
post #15 of 39

Quote by @bvwilliams on 22 hours ago

I really miss looking at CC for inspiration.  It's sad that it has gotten to this point.  Now, I just google a theme and tons of cake designs pop up for that theme.  I've also started using Pinterest for inspiration.  I hope this site is back up and running the way it used to.  This was such a great site to find information, tutorials and decorating advice. What a bummer. I'm sad.

Ditto... well said. I have the same feelings.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 2:41am
post #16 of 39

me too disappointed_relieved

jackie rebuilt the whole thing several years back but... idk

kakeladi Posted 23 Nov 2019 , 6:20pm
post #17 of 39

Youknow I can't help but wonder if something not so good has happened to Jackie &/or Heath.............just to drop completely out of sight/contact does make one wonder.

gscout73 Posted 24 Nov 2019 , 5:24pm
post #18 of 39

Quote by @kakeladi on 23 hours ago

Youknow I can't help but wonder if something not so good has happened to Jackie &/or Heath.............just to drop completely out of sight/contact does make one wonder.

I have wondered the same thing for a while, and have not said anything. I wonder if they sold the site to someone with minimal interest who has basically left it on autopilot. The site since the first of the year (2019) has not been well managed.

gscout73 Posted 24 Nov 2019 , 5:27pm
post #19 of 39

I want to start a thread asking about how to make a stage cake, but wonder if there are enough ppl left here who can help... :-(

-K8memphis Posted 24 Nov 2019 , 10:21pm
post #20 of 39

what kind of stage -- a theater stage? but you do need to start a new thread so whoever is still here, and there's probably enough peeps, can answer

kakeladi Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 2:09am
post #21 of 39

The site has not been managed for more than a year now:(   K8 might be right to jump ship here ....... but where can we go & how do we get the word out to all?   Putting a message here will soon be over run by the spam   I have hung on mainly to stay in touch with everyone — those of you who are hanging on for the same reasons   

kakeladi Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 2:15am
post #22 of 39

Unless one of us build a site we will just Be swollowed  up by going on one already up & running   It just won’t be the same or even close   I feel some of us have made good friend ships that will die :( 

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 3:32am
post #23 of 39

Is there any chance someone would be willing to share an email address that we can email and at lest have a group email if this site disappears? I’m not on any social media so Facebook isn’t an option for me. Or even a group text?

-K8memphis Posted 25 Nov 2019 , 11:53am
post #24 of 39

hey — meet up over at “keep calm and cake on” fb page 

bvwilliams Posted 3 Dec 2019 , 1:13am
post #25 of 39

I thought something strange was going the first time I noticed all the ads and pop-ups.

bvwilliams Posted 3 Dec 2019 , 1:22am
post #26 of 39

Here is another group (in addition to the one you recommended) that everyone can join if they are on Facebook.  It's my new "go to" place for asking questions about stuff.  Everyone is friendly and give great advice. https://www.facebook.com/groups/SugarEdMembers/

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 3 Dec 2019 , 3:06pm
post #27 of 39

I believe the above site mentioned is SugarEDProductions on Facebook.  

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 3 Dec 2019 , 3:08pm
post #28 of 39

nothing comes up when I tried to use sugaredmembers.  

gscout73 Posted 4 Dec 2019 , 11:23am
post #29 of 39

Good lord, crap posts... infiltrators...

kakeladi Posted 4 Dec 2019 , 9:29pm
post #30 of 39

Yah that’s why we had to find a new home:(  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%