A Question About Baking Instruments

Baking By kmarie111 Updated 14 Oct 2019 , 1:58am by kakeladi

kmarie111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmarie111 Posted 12 Oct 2019 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 7

Hi. I have two metal instruments that look like baking items. They’re both very large circles with handles and look like giant cookie cutters. Has anyone seen something like this? They came from an auction. Thanks

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Oct 2019 , 10:36am
post #2 of 7

got a picture?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Oct 2019 , 2:01pm
post #3 of 7

Without see them my thought is they  might be baking rings used to cut cake circles from sheet cakes  or placed on a sheet pan & batter poured into them for baking 

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 13 Oct 2019 , 3:54pm
post #4 of 7

depending on what size they are...……….  If they are about 6 inches or less, then they make good dough cutters, just like a cookie cutter, bisquit cutter, or cake cutter.  

Otherwise they are pastry rings.  and the handles are very nice because it's very difficult to handle, move, or remove from a hot pan rings like this.

They would be placed in a large flat baking sheet.  Like an industrial oven size sheet pan, the pan would be covered with parchment baking paper.  the rings would be placed on top of that.  Then you fill the ring with whatever you are baking.  like making a blind pie crust, or cake batter, or cheese cake.

https://www.amazon.com/Round-Cake-Pastry-Heavy-Gauge/dp/B01IPDKM7O/ref=sr_1_8?crid=ECMUKRW3GN9A&keywords=stainless+steel+pastry+rings&qid=1570982013&sprefix=stainless+steel+pastry+rings%2Caps%2C148&sr=8-8

kakeladi Posted 13 Oct 2019 , 7:13pm
post #5 of 7

I answered you on one of the pix but basically it is what she ^^^ said :)

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 14 Oct 2019 , 12:42am
post #6 of 7

Ha..... I just realized that you had already explained @kakeladi.  I'm soo slow

kakeladi Posted 14 Oct 2019 , 1:58am
post #7 of 7

That’s alright you went into more details;)  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%